Chief Financial Officer
Location: Buena Vista
Posted on: May 4, 2021
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has primary responsibility for
the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the
finance activities of the Company, including business planning,
budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. This position will be a
part of the executive management team and report to the Chairman,
President and CEO. This is an exceptional opportunity to become a
key voice in an entrepreneurial corporate culture fueled by
innovation and growth that is encapsulated in four fundamental
pillars of Landos"s corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2)
Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented and 4) Do the impossible Key
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the
- Prepares quarterly and annual financial reports, manages
accounting and auditing of the books, works with finance director
to prepare operating budget and aligns budget with scope of work;
and provides quarterly updates of capitalization table.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital,
facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources;
developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing
results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment
opportunities; working with CEO to maintain relationships with the
investment community (bankers and analysts).
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting
results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations;
participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in
- Ensures SEC reporting, report to CEO
- Develops and implements Landos" financial goals.
- Oversees the investment of funds and manages associated
- Work with finance director to supervise cash management
activities and develops reliable cash flow projection process and
reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet
- Work closely with CEO to execute capital-raising strategies to
support Landos" expansion.
- Advises CEO on business development and strategic
- Work with Finance Director & Controller to prepare monthly
financial statements, financial packages, and other informational
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally
accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure
sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased
- Ensure underlying accounting records are accurate, complete and
in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare public company audits.
- Works with controller and finance director to support month-end
and year-end close process, Coordinate the preparation quarterly
and annual filings (forms 10K and 10Q)
- Review monthly operating reports for accuracy, completeness and
major variances between actual and budget results
- Approve monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and annual fair value reports
- Prepare summaries and forecasts for future business growth and
general economic outlook
- Ensures compliance with tax reporting requirements
- Recommend and manage Landos" relationship with outside
- Team-science oriented and data-driven, patient-centric,
engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all the company
deliberations and plans.
- Faithfully performs any other tasks requested by the Chairman,
President and CEO.
- Act in accordance with Landos" policies and in alignment with
Landos" entrepreneurial corporate culture.Job and Education
- Passion for teamwork, immense energy, absolute integrity, and
an A+ attitude.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication
- Office administration, business and accounting experience
- Five years minimum of relevant experience in a corporate
- Biotech experience required
- Recent experience taking biotech companies successfully to IPO
- Bachelor"s degree in finance required
- MBA preferredImportant skills:
- A+ attitude, great work ethic, initiative and passion for
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Accounting and Netsuite
- Managing Profitability
- Strategic Planning Vision
- Quality Management
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Corporate Finance
- Developing Budgets
- Financial Skills
- Dealing with Complexity
- Thinking outside the box About ExecuNet
Keywords: ExecuNet, Roanoke , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Buena Vista, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!