Company: Hanger Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Why Us?: With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger,
Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic
(O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P
solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed
customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest
owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide.
Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded
and private label O&P devices, products and components, and
provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160
years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to
lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior
patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger
employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve
new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?: The Medical Office Administrator provides
the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees
and referral sources through the coordination and administration of
the front office activities. Typical responsibilities include all
aspects of the clinic administrative operations from scheduling
appointments, validating insurance and payment authorization,
inputting claims, processing payments, performing account
collections, conducting billing research and responding to
telephone inquiries. Ensure billing for all services provided is
accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash
collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring
compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Company
policies and compliance programs.
Your Impact: Depending on the operational requirements and size of
the Hanger Clinic, this position may include some or all of the
functions or roles listed below:
Patient Check In:
- Responsible for all aspects of patient appointment scheduling,
insurance verification, creation of new patient charts and
maintenance of patient records in accordance to Hanger compliance
policies, scanning and filing patient documents, ensuring complete
and accurate information, managing incoming phone calls, timely
completion of all assigned tasks. Patient Check Out:
- Provides administrative support for all aspects of closing a
patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization,
providing financial counseling for patients, posting over the
counter (OTC) payments, timely completion of all assigned tasks,
mail forwarding tasks and daily document research on an electronic
health/medical record system, coordinating with clinical staff in
managing in progress services, scheduling return appointments,
reviewing and managing incoming documents and tasking to
appropriate parties to outstanding requests for information.
- Reviews charge information to ensure accuracy per payer
requirements; makes corrections as needed.
- Manages services in progress and updates to accounts receivable
(AR) once items are delivered, maintaining AR levels over 120 days
at or below target level.
- Responsible for reviewing claim edits and resolving them,
working claim rejections and denials, performing voids and
corrections as necessary.
- Responsible for submitting clean and accurate claims; accurate
completion of patient chart required elements
- Timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Generating reports to ensure that claims are processed within
timely filing limits. Will also run claim edit metrics to determine
the type of edit issues that are recurring to aid in future
- Manages the accounts receivable and collections process; timely
completion of all assigned tasks.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining company mandated
- Prepares outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or
- Manages both the internal bad debt process and the external
collection agencys process for Private Pay accounts.
- Maintains database by entering, updating, and retrieving data,
as well as formatting and generating reports.
- Resolves outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts.
Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection
- May place calls or send messages to those with unresolved
- Assist with inventory as directed by Management and/or
Inventory Coordinator as detailed below:
- Assist in reconciling items currently in use by clinicians to
items in the inventory system
- Assist in counting inventory
- Assist in data entry of inventory counts Minimum
Qualifications: Minimum Qualification:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of office administrative experience
- A valid drivers license and driving record within the standards
outlined within Hangers Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures.
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
- At least 1 year of experience with EMR/electronic
health/medical record systems (preferably NextGen and/or
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance
regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal
plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
- Associate's degree.
- Ability to type 40 correct words per minute.
- At least 2 years of computer and office equipment experience
including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated
billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine,
- Basic administrative accounting skills. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will
regularly be required to sit, walk and stand; occasionally bend or
twist; regularly talk and hear, both in person and by telephone;
use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands
and arms (to include reaching overhead); and lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. NO PHONE
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to
our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective
candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be
accepted by the local Hanger Clinic. Please respect our policy. Any
necessary inquiries should contact our corporate Talent Acquisition
Additional Success Factors:
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and
organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting
relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues.
- Personable office professional whose strengths include cultural
sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse
population in multicultural settings.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring
ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent
projects in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written
- Basic administrative accounting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining
honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do,
building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with
everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for
outstanding results. Our Investment in You: Employees working at
least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance
Keywords: Hanger Inc., Roanoke , Office Administrator, Administration, Clerical , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!