Company: Custom One Truck Source
Posted on: May 28, 2023
EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE. EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. GREAT
Custom Truck One Source has changed the way the industry looks at
specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With sales,
rentals, aftermarket parts and service, equipment customization,
remanufacturing, financing solutions, and asset disposal, our team
of experts, vast equipment breadth and integrated network of
locations across North America offer superior service and unmatched
efficiency for our customers. Your success is what's next with
Custom Truck One Source.
Coordinates and schedules service work in the service department in
an organized, professional manner, and sells additional needed
service to customers. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine
and non-routine questions. Assists in the initiation of contact of
sales and other staff with existing and potential customers,
identifying their needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules appointments using Custom Truck One Source approved
- Assigns sequence numbers to each customer's repair order.
- Communicates with service customers to determine the nature of
the mechanical problem(s).
- Obtains customer and vehicle data.
- Test-drives the vehicle or refers to technician as
- Advises customers on the care of their trucks and equipment and
the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with
manufacturers' specifications, using maintenance menus if
- If additional work is needed, explains the details to the
customer, including the additional cost and tie
- Indicates on the repair order the exact repair instructions,
making a special note of the main reason(s) the customer brought
the vehicle in. Repair orders MUST eligible.
- Notifies technicians of incoming work.
- Provides estimates for labor and parts. If the cost of service
cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact the
customer later by phone for approval.
- Establish "time promised." Check with technician responsible
for work distribution.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer
with a copy.
- Follows up on progress of each repair order during the day.
Contacts customers by telephone regarding any changes in the
estimate or time promised. Records changes on repair order in
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding work in process and
- Compare final invoice with original repair order.
- Delivers vehicle to customer and answers any questions.
- Maintains follow-up program on additional items found in need
- Keeps quick pricing guides, signals checklists, maintenance
menus and other service department forms and references up to
- Inspects all vehicles for body work, notifies the customer that
the work is needed and provides an estimate for body work.
- Works with all departments in harmony.
- Ensures that all documents are accounted for.
- Accomplishes the forecast for the service that has been
established by the location manager.
- Responsive to management requests and manages time
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Computer and software proficiency and can quickly adapt to new
- Excellent listening skills and communicator.
- Follows verbal and written communications and communicates
effectively with public, customers, co-workers, and Owners in a
professional and courteous manner both orally and in writing.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to
juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to interface well with all customers, and all
departments of the Company and to represent the location in a
highly professional manner.
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations,
such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OOSHA
- Able to work with minimum supervision, capable of self-checking
- Ability to learn.
- Three years of related experience or training
- Strong mechanical knowledge of repairs, costs, times to
accomplish work of heavy-duty trucks and equipment
Physical/Competency Based Requirements
- Attitude: This job requires "people" skills and a genuine
desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness
to maintain a professional demeanor with clients and team members
is essential to this position.
- Attendance - The ability to work as scheduled with punctual
attendance, Monday-Friday plus any additional hours/days necessary
to meet business demands.
- The job is performed under extreme temperature variations and
some hazardous conditions.
- Oral Expression and comprehension - The ability to communicate
information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. The
ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension and expression - The ability to read and
understand information and ideas presented in writing. The ability
to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will
- Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific
problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to tell
when something is wrong and solve the problem or seek advice.
- Manual dexterity - The ability to type or operate common
mechanical tools and equipment.
- Lifting - The ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 50 lbs.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
Custom Truck One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Custom One Truck Source, Roanoke , SERVICE WRITER, Advertising , Forest, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...