LICENSED SCIENCE TEACHER-MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Small classrooms, tuition reimbursement, and truly making a
positive impact in the lives of children - does this sound like the
right job for you?EnCircle operates Minnick Schools in Roanoke,
Harrisonburg, Wytheville, Wise, and Bristol. We serve students ages
5 to 22 who need extra support to find success in the classroom.Our
Licensed Science Teacher will be primarily responsible for teaching
students in the private special education day school. You will
motivate students to develop skills in appropriate behavior and
social interactions and teach assigned subjects with the support of
your professional team.
- Technology-infused curriculum
- Ongoing professional development
- Tuition reimbursement for teachers
- Choose whether your pay is spread over 10 months or 12 monthsWe
Offer Competitive Pay and Benefits! Starting at $45,859 annually.
Additional compensation will be considered with education and
- A rewarding role helping others
- Great benefits
- Educational assistance program
- Professional development
- Supportive managers
- A caring team that feels like familyEnCircle requires all
employees be vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are hired, we will
require you prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or
are willing to be vaccinated subject to applicable laws.MINIMUM
EDUCATION, TRAINING, REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES
- Licensed through the state of Virginia.
- Thorough knowledge of subjects taught and special education
principles, practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of
- Thorough knowledge of school rules, regulations, and
- Ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior and
perform physical management of students.
- Ability to deliver articulate effective and professional oral
presentations and written reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with staff, students, parents, and
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and personal characteristics
necessary for working effectively with students, staff,
administrators, and parents in a private special education day
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse
- Valid Virginia Drivers' License and proof of insurance.
- Satisfactory Driving Record (less than 5 demerit points).
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including weekend and
- Ability to acquire First Aid, CPR and SAFETY CARE
- Good oral, written, interpersonal and communication
- Ability to organize work effectively.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and required
paperwork according to licensing and agency requirements on a
- Basic computer skills, experience working with Microsoft Office
- Ability to observe health and safety regulations.
- Ability to promote a positive and supportive classroom
- Ability to absorb, analyze organize and project information and
ideas.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Functions: May
be required to perform any of the following duties:
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school
- Meets and instructs the students(s) in assigned locations and
at the designated times.
- Designs coherent instruction based upon knowledge of subject
matter, current instructional practices, students, the community,
and curriculum goals.
- Plans instruction to achieve desired objectives that reflect
the Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Prepares for classes assigned, maintains current lesson plans
and shows evidence of lesson preparation upon request of the
building administrator(s) or Directors.
- Analyzes individual, group, and program needs and plans for the
appropriate use of time, materials, and resources to match the
ability and needs of all students.
- Evaluates students' progress; provides students with specific
evaluative feedback; maintains appropriate records and prepares
- Uses a variety of formative and summative assessment strategies
and instruments to make both short-term and long-range
instructional decisions to improve student learning.
- Demonstrates an understanding of special education
instructional strategies and methodology, curriculum, subject, and
current instructional practices.
- Creates learning experiences that make the subject matter
meaningful for all students.
- Differentiates instruction to meet diverse student needs.
- Uses materials, technology, and resources in a manner that
promotes the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and
- Selects, evaluates, and refines a variety of teaching methods
and instructional strategies for the active engagement of students
and improvement of student learning.
- Ensures safe supervision of students and implements a classroom
management policy that fosters a safe and positive environment for
all students and staff.
- Creates a supportive learning environment for all students that
encourages social interaction, active engagement in learning, and
- Uses effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication
techniques to foster positive interactions in the classroom.
- Models professional and ethical standards as well as personal
integrity in all interactions.
- Maintains professional boundaries in all interactions during
and after school hours in accordance with school policies and
- Complies with and supports school and agency regulations and
- Collects data as needed regarding students' behaviors as
identified by an Individual Education Plan (IEP), Individual Family
Service Plan (IFSP), or Individual Service Plan (ISP) or
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with established
- Identifies and communicates specific student performance
expectations; documents student learning gains using appropriate
- Manages classroom procedures to maximize academic learning
- Serves as a mandated reporter for suspicions of child
endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
- Forges partnerships with families to promote student learning
at home and in the school.
- Works collaboratively with staff, families, and community
resources to support the success of a diverse student
- Communicates with students, student counselors and parents
through conferences and other means.
- Participates in curriculum development, faculty committees, and
student activity sponsorship, as requested.
- Assumes responsibilities outside the classroom as they relate
- Model's non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with students.
- Motivates students to achieve maximum potential.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Takes responsibility for and participates in a meaningful and
continuous process of professional development that results in the
enhancement of student learning.
- Reports all student injuries, accidents and illnesses to the
administration of the school immediately or as soon as is
- Supports and implements the school-wide behavior program and
all individualized student behavior intervention plans.
- Maintains Virginia licensure; assumes responsibility for
professional growth and keeps skills up to date.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with peers,
school personnel, and the community to promote and support student
- Provides service to the profession and to the agency as
- Performs other duties as assigned.Why you'll love working at
enCircle:We offer an exceptional benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and 401(k) Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- STD, LTD, Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- Retention Bonus
- Ongoing Professional Development"We are so proud of our
students and grateful to have the opportunity to be part of this
story."-Minnick School Staff Member_To give equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment
decisions at enCircle based on each person's performance,
qualifications, and abilities. EnCircle does not discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, genetic
information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.__As part of the Company's EEO commitment, we will
also provide reasonable accommodations consistent with applicable
law. The Company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals
with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions
of the job unless doing so would cause significant difficulty or
expense-i.e., an undue hardship. Similarly, the Company will also
make reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of a person
related to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions
unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship.__If you
seek an accommodation because of a medical condition or impairment,
or related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions,
please notify Human Resources so we can evaluate your request.
Please cooperate with the Company as to any information needed so
we can assess your request for an accommodation._As part of our EEO
commitment, the Company will also reasonably accommodate an
employee who's sincerely held religious belief, practice or
observance conflicts with a work rule or requirement unless doing
so would impose more than a de minimis cost or burden. Please
inform Human Resources if you seek an accommodation based on a
- Eligibility or possession of a teaching license(s) and
endorsements for position as required by the Commonwealth of
- Graduate of an accredited college or univer or betterLicenses &
- Licensing Teacher
- VA Drivers' LicenseSkillsRequired
- Microsoft Office
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
integrityJob Type: Full-timePay: $45,859.00 per year
Keywords: enCircle, Roanoke , LICENSED SCIENCE TEACHER-MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL, Education / Teaching , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...