Intern Electrical Engineering Summer
Posted on: February 21, 2021
09-Feb-2021 Auto req ID 109806BR Entity Group Trucks Operations
Position Description The internship role provides students with the
opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a
manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate's
career goals through interaction with engineering professionals.
Interns participate in professional activities for Volvo New River
Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important
projects. This Internship provides structured learning experiences
where interns and our engineers work together on projects within
their selected organization, allowing students to integrate
knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the
student and Volvo New River Valley Plant. Duration Assignment will
begin May 17, 2021 and continue through August 13, 2021 working up
to 40 hours per week on site at our location in Dublin, VA. Core
- Review equipment preventative maintenance checks for
effectiveness and look for ways to improve the preventative
maintenance and equipment reliability.
- Review equipment documentation and assist with creating and
maintaining the equipment library.
- Review recommended spare parts and help determine stocking
requirements and also work with our Computerized Maintenance
Management System to validate parts.
- Analyze the criticality of spare parts for equipment and create
spare parts ledgers for production equipment and apply Failure
Effect Mode Analysis methods.
- Apply lean manufacturing principals within the maintenance
- Assist with the creation of professional and autonomous
- Involvement with creating One Point Lessons as required.
Essential Skills & Experience
- EXCEL, MS Word, PowerPoint and AutoCAD or similar type of
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and
actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before
passing it on.
- Communication: listening effectively, transmitting information
accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback
- Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to
changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges,
responsibilities, and assignments.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments,
producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to
get the job done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Minimum
Education and Experience
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in
Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering,
or related programat an accredited school and have completed 30
semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Student must have minimum GPA of 3.0 Country United States
Position Title Intern: Electrical Engineering (Summer 2021)
City/Town Dublin Functional Area Maintenance About us The Volvo
Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering
trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine
and industrial applications, financing and services that increase
our customers uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo
Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable
transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career
opportunities are offered across the groups leading brands - Volvo,
Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks,
Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus. Volvo
Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Groups
engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo,
Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare
parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing,
operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands,
production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo
Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part
of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with
passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our
customers win. Employment/Assignment Type Internship/Trainee/Co-op
Last application date 28-Feb-2021 State / Province Virginia US
Disclaimer text Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity
EmployerE.O.E./M/F/Disability/Veteran We Participate in E-verify -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Volvo, Roanoke , Intern Electrical Engineering Summer, Engineering , Dublin, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!