Company: Symbia Logistics
Location: Bent Mountain
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Symbia Logistics is a fast-growing 3rd Party Logistics company.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic
for our Roanoke Plant. As we expand, the opportunities become
endless and exciting for you!
Symbia Logistics is hiring a qualified, motivated and quality
Maintenance Mechanic for our Roanoke facility. Come and join our
fast-growing company! Phenomenal opportunities for professional
development, career growth and monetary advancement.
Maintain and troubleshoot conveyor systems and related electrical
and mechanical equipment. Conduct regular inspections to identify
faulty equipment, test new machinery before use or installation,
keep records of maintenance and activities, train junior
technicians and promote safe work practices.
Can you perform these Duties:
- Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of
production machines and equipment, like metal fabricating machine
tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system,
following blueprints & specifications using hand tools, power
tools, and precision measuring instruments
- Visually inspects and listens to machines equipment to locate
causes of malfunctions
- Dismantles machines & equipment to gain access to problem area,
using hand/power tools
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or
other problems and tests equipment post-repair
- Realigns and adjusts components, like spindles and clutches,
using hand tools following diagrams
- Locates damaged air hydraulic pipes on machine, measures, cuts,
threads, and installs new pipes
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot basic power distribution
systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers and wiring
methods and materials
- Experience in troubleshooting basic relay logic, ladder
diagrams, control components, photo eyes, motor starters, relays,
limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, VFD drives,
frequency and encoders
- Understanding of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder
logic, components and communications modules
- Repairs broken parts, using brazing, soldering, and welding
equipment hand tools. Experience with MIG/ARC welding is
- May modify computer-controlled motion of robot, applying
knowledge of program commands and using robot controller teach
- May set up and operate metalworking tools, like lathe, drill
press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Shifts may vary, so flexibility is a must.
Are you able to meet these Physical Demands:
- Lift and wheel items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without
- Ability to work in construction/distribution environments that
are noisy, unlit and non-climate controlled
- Must be able to stand and walk in warehouse area for 8-10 hours
Do you posses the needed Education and/or Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of On-the-job work experience as a maintenance
- Must have a strong knowledge in Electrical Troubleshooting,
PLCs, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- HS Diploma and/or Vocational Training in Industrial Mechanics
and/or Electrical Program.
- Basic Welding Skills
We offer our Maintenance Technicians the following Benefits:
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
Paid vacation and holiday!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Manufacturing, Industrial, Construction, Logistics, Production
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Symbia Logistics, Roanoke , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Bent Mountain, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!