Company: Allied Reliability Group
Location: Mount Crawford
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Overview We have an opening for an Automation Engineer based in
Mount Crawford, VA! This role will be a critical member of the
maintenance team. Allied Reliability is seeking a seasoned and
accomplished engineering professional with hands-on experience in
Automation and Controls Systems design, implementation, management,
and continuous improvement. Responsibilities
- Effectively support all current manufacturing processes and
work with business stakeholders to design and implement new
Automation and Controls Systems to improve efficiency, food
quality, and food safety.
- Develop automation standard and work towards implementing
standard in the manufacturing plants.
- Develop and maintain automation architecture of manufacturing
- Develop preliminary design presentations for project evaluation
and securing approval.
- Interface with all levels of plant and corporate personnel,
contractors, suppliers, marketing, R&D, QA and legal
- Practice sound technical, communication and negotiation skills
that ensure the successful implementation of Automation and Control
Systems improvement project scope and -budget.About You:
- Understand and document current Automation and Controls
Systems, identify areas for improvement, develop solutions for
future states including the latest Automation technology, where
applicable, and implement sustaining improvements.
- Optimize current Automation and Control Systems to meet all
customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Demonstrated project management experience in placing new
Automation and Control Systems equipment and processes into
operation is required.
- Proficient in visual communication of relevant information to
Operations, including the reporting of historical events / trends
to support root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Must practice proven decision making skills, working
effectively under pressure and possessing the integrity to make the
- Utilize contracted resources to ensure the correct expertise is
fully utilized to achieve project scope.
- Effective in delegating project tasks ensuring that key project
initiatives/objectives, scope, budget and timelines are
uninterrupted and met.
- Effectively interface with multiple cross functional teams
including corporate quality, technical services, R&D and with
all levels of plant personal.
- Develop relationships and solicit input into the Automation and
Control Systems continuous improvement considerations from key
technical resources, plant operations managers, supervisors,
maintenance personnel, and operators to facilitate the seamless
Automation and Control Systems improvement project implementation
- Proficient in developing Requests for Proposals (RFP) for
industrial automation related projects.
- Experience and working knowledge of the following distributed
- Inductive Automation's Ignition Platform
- Wonderware System platform,
- Factory Talk View SE
- Experience and working knowledge -in MSSQL.
- Experience and working knowledge -in plant wide automation
- Experience and working knowledge in logic controller
- Experience and working knowledge of Allen Bradley/ Rockwell PLC
programming - -*MON*#LI-JT1 Qualifications Education and
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering and science
discipline (Electrical or Computer Software Engineering, Computer
Science preferred) from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum five (5) years Automation and Control Systems
Engineering Project Management experience required, preferably in
CPG beverage/food manufacturing.
- Automation and Control Systems installation, supervision,
maintenance, and continuous improvement experience
Keywords: Allied Reliability Group, Roanoke , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Mount Crawford, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!