Vehicle Mechanic II
Company: Snowshoe Mountain Resort
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Full Time - Year Round Position. Affordable employee housing
available! Full benefits package including health insurance, 401k,
and industry perks! RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION Snowshoe is
the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers,
snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable
terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around.
Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful
vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness. OUR VALUES Our
organizational values describe our shared beliefswhats important to
us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our
guests. Respect Excellence Safety Sustainability Fun POSITION
SUMMARY Performing inspections, repairs, replacements, and adjusts
parts and components as required on resort vehicles and equipment.
- Assisting, coaching and leading in the absence of
- Inspecting diagnoses and locates mechanical problems.
Determines extent of necessary repairs
- Completing overhauls on engines, transmissions, differentials
- Performing tune-ups; hydraulic trouble shooting and repairs;
tire repairs; welding; electrical diagnostics and repair; painting;
brake work; engine diagnostics; safety inspections; general
servicing; oil changes and lubrications
- Keeping work area neat and clean, sweeping, organizing and
gathering up at the end of each shift.
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance and
- Following all manufacturer prescribed testing or
- Performing required state inspections when needed
- Completing all required maintenance logs, work orders, and
records as needed. Filling out all inventory sign out sheets
- Using proper PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Following proper procedures and policies
- Keeping tools and equipment clean and operational
- Following all manufacturer's safety policies and
- Attending company and departmental safety training
- Abides by environmental policies and procedures
- Conducting yourself in a friendly and courteous manner at all
times and provide efficient, timely service to guests and other
- Keeping shuttle buses safe and operational
- Maintaining grooming machines and snowmobiles to be safe and
- Keeping snow removal equipment safe and operational
- Ensuring that all other company vehicles and equipment are safe
- Assisting with minor vehicle problems and providing
- Checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating
needed supplies and coordinating with Supervisor/Manager to place
- Placing order for supplies when Supervisor/Manager is
- Reading technical manuals, books, bulletins, movies,
- Attending technical schools, refreshers, seminars,
- Completing all required certification classes for Level 2
- This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: Performed mechanic work on vehicles, groomers,
heavy equipment, small engines, hydraulics, electronics for
vehicles and equipment, basic computer skills, welding skills
preferred 3 years. QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Possession of a valid driver's
- Must have ASE or equivalent certification in suspension &
steering, electronics and Certified for State inspection license
helpful 1 year. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Some travel maybe required to
attend educational workshops/seminars PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS Incumbent will be required to work a flexible schedule
which may include early mornings, late evenings, and or weekends.
Weather patterns will play a role in work schedules. Office
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on and occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mountain
- The primary physical environment in which this position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, ..
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and
painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack
of atmospheric filtration at work Fumes produced in activities
ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products.
Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may
require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. An Equal Opportunity EmployerRequired
Keywords: Snowshoe Mountain Resort, Roanoke , Vehicle Mechanic II, Engineering , Helvetia, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!