Company: Softpath System, LLC.
Posted on: November 8, 2018
Position :Network EngineerLocation : Roanoke, VADuration : 1+ yearJob Type : Contract, only on W2 Softpath Job#:Network Engineer III is an intermediate level IT position directly supporting the network in all day to day activities. This role is an individual contributor who will work closely both within a team environment and individually to achieve specific goals. The successful candidate will be able to work well within a team, collaborate directly with other IT and business departments, and handle several different projects at the same time. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Senior knowledge of network technologies, design standards, and positive and negative attributes of those. Including- TCP/IPv4/IPv6 protocol suite, DNS, DHCP, Routing Protocols, Routing Domain architectures, LAN/WAN technologies, Data Center Fabric, Telecommunications Services, Information Security standards, Quality-of-Service, and Wireless Network technologies.
- A broad understanding of IT security standards and best practices for network infrastructure/service design. Including- PCI, SOX, HIPAA, Defense-In-Depth concepts, Network Segmentation, Data Center Service Isolation architectures, AAA services, Group Identity Structures, Layered Security architecture, and a Cooperative Policy framework.
- A strong understanding of enterprise application and service environments. Including- Web-App-DB application architectures, Enterprise Services and Middleware operations, and Shared Infrastructure services.
- A solid understanding of Cisco Routing and Switching including VLANs, Ethernet, WANs, LANs, Spanning Tree, vPC, Port Channels, and industry best practices.
- A solid working understanding of Cisco Nexus and UCS technologies, including Nexus Distribution and Access tier models, Nexus Spine and Leaf models, Cisco UCS and FI network architecture, APIC and SDN-based networks, and a multi-tier data center segmentation model.
- Proficient with network load-balancing technologies, including architecture options for those, services and server-farm implementations, performance management and optimization.
- Proficient with SSL service management, the implementation of SSL for web services, load-balancing SSL services, managing multi-site certificates and procuring certificates.
- Ability to understand the 7 layers of the OSI network model.
- Ability to understand WAN circuit technologies, such as DS, OC/SONET, DWDM, as well as the implementation, management and the associated industry best practice troubleshooting methods. This job has no supervisory responsibilities. QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid communication skills. Consistent communication and keeping requester informed of ticket status. Ability to translate end-user concerns to technical needs for communication within team or with other IT teams.
- Good collaboration skills, within team and with others. The engineer must have the ability to work with others in a collaborative way, sharing his/her ideas/opinions, and be able to comfortably voice opinion, express justification for and accept alternate opinions.
- Prioritizing operational issues and implementation tasks based on alignment with defined urgency and prioritization guidelines.
- Must be able to manage requirements gathering, technical definition and task tracking to be successful.
- Understanding of TCP/IP. Specifically, how do systems communicate over an IP network, the differences between TCP and UDP communication, what applications / OS / NICs are responsible for in the communication stack.
- Firm grasp of client application uses (MS Office, Putty, etc). Understanding of valid use-cases with these tools.
- Awareness of web applications and use-cases for them. Understanding of web browser configuration and caching implications on connectivity to web applications.
- Firm understanding of operation of network firewalls and IPS systems, where they are located, and impact they could have on communication between areas of the network. Able to use event management tools to research and identify general impacts on connectivity due to network firewall or IPS systems.
- Understanding of enterprise data center services, and interoperation between applications and databases.
- SME-level knowledge with at least 2 technical solutions. Primary resource involved for escalated troubleshooting and design changes involving them.
- Must be able to understand detailed technical systems, how they interoperate, what functionality they provide, and ultimately- what really matters with each of them. For many cases, that means knowing how things interact and where potential problems may be in troubleshooting issues. However, design decisions are all too often more important than supporting the solution later, and these rely on answering many of the same questions.
- Must understand key business functions, technical solutions supporting them, and identify potential risks involved with changes or activities that he/she is responsible for. He/She must be able to weigh the potential impact and identify the appropriate options for resolution with all included considerations.
- Able to effectively guide other junior engineers, working alongside of them when necessary to show them the key factors to manage throughout their project/task. The engineer should highlight the key caveats and goals for the related work. The engineer must have extensive experience with design and implementation of all relevant technical solutions that he/she will be responsible for.
- Able to review, analyze and translate business requirements into the appropriate technical solution, providing design that adheres to enterprise network architecture standards.
- Ability to develop task-lists for major projects, including developing phases, recognizing LoE, business risk and predecessors / dependencies. Education and/or ExperienceOn the job experience of 3-5 years equivalent to design engineer. Language SkillsAbility to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely via e-mail. Must also have the ability to draft technical proposals for new systems and solutions. Ability to effectively present information to top management. Reasoning AbilityAbility to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Certificates, Licenses, RegistrationsCisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) desired. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. If interested please reach and/ or call me (Deepthi) at . Softpath is a preferred staffing vendor to fortune 500 companies in the US headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. - provided by Dice 3-5 years equivalent to design engineer
Keywords: Softpath System, LLC., Roanoke , Network Engineer, Engineering , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!