Core Technologies Director
Company: Schneider Electric Norge AS
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Categorie(s): Industrial/Manufacturing 006MQX Job Description
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Core Technologies
Director.-- The primary responsibility for the Core Technologies
Director is to provide technical leadership, governance, strategy,
plant support, technical employee development and overall advanced
manufacturing direction for GSC NAM.--This position will provide
daily interaction, communication and collaboration with LOB,
Purchasing, Engineering and all NAM GSC plants providing support,
challenge and prioritization of resources, capital and projects.
This position will have extensive experience and knowledge of
tooling for stamping, castings and Plastics, powder metallurgy,
packaging, metal finishing, sheet metal, manufacturing equipment
and processes, including electronics, software, product testing,
power distribution, drives and other industry automation including
advanced robotics, IoT connectivity, and Virtual Reality /
Augmented Reality technologies. This manager will support North
American plants, align with the global SC Deployment team, and
report to the Vice President of Supply Chain Deployment. Schneider
Electric--creates connected technologies that reshape industries,
transform cities and enrich lives.---Our 135,000+--employees thrive
in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to
complex operational systems, our technology, software and services
improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for
everyone and at every moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c Great people make
Schneider Electric a great company.-- What do you get to do in this
- Work with Purchasing in prioritizing and resourcing priorities
- Supplier Technical Development
- Supplier emergency exits and tool transfers
- Continuous Improvement and productivity support
- Tooling Maintenance and RTS support/troubleshooting of tools in
the supply base
- Plastics, rubber
- Support the selection of suppliers for raw materials,
establishing SPC parameters and monitoring key metrics to assure
internal and external processes meet and/or exceed minimum product
performance specification, establishing continuous improvement
programs to minimize cost and increase efficiencies. Assist in the
selection and development of plant location metal finishing
personnel and provide technical expertise for all paint, plating
and epoxy coating processes.
- Assist and Lead as needed in technical assessment and
qualification of all outsourced contractors and suppliers.
- Work with purchasing for advanced sourcing and supplier
- Work with Purchasing to deliver tooling technical information
for part quoting.
- Improve and move Schneider owner tooling in the external supply
base from a "reactive to a proactive" state utilizing our Avantis
solution. Continue deployment of Avantis tooling software in
- Drive Capital replacement for NAM tooling (-$5M) year over
year. Deliver tools that meet quality and visual criteria for
plants. Close capital projects
- Create and drive Advanced Manufacturing strategy while
supporting our NAM Industrial Strategy.
- Support and aid in deployment of Smart Factory hardware and
software solutions to NAM plants.
- Improve capacity constraints in ETO and other plants with Sheet
Metal capacity support, paint systems and OEE projects.
- Contact/Tips manufacture knowledge and process ownership.
- Drive and improve Packaging solutions for NAM to reduce DCR and
- Leadership of Weld/Braze and attachment technical direction for
- Leadership of Rheology in NAM for NPD and replacement plastic
- Provide direction and strategy for ETO wiring process expert
- Work with Purchasing and the plants to continuously improve
processes and projects that prevents loss of Metal Finishing
production due to lack of proper materials, equipment breakdowns or
- Provide leadership direction and guidance in establishing and
implementing plans, policies and procedures for safe and efficient
management of Metal Finishing operations.
- Conduct periodic assessments of plant operations to evaluate
the effectiveness of programs, recommend improvements.
- Manage the RTS support of test equipment throughout NA to
ensure prompt response for down situations.
- Provide direction on PCBA's manufacturing, manufacturing
capital and process expertise.
- Develop, execute, and maintain obsolescence plans for Test
equipment in NA to mitigate risk of extended downtime.
- Provide direction on Digital imaging, laser part scanning and
- Determine direction on 3D Printing of parts for prototyping and
future production determination.
- Support NA plant automation requests (Robots, Cobots, AGV's,
etc) as needed to provide productivity support.
- Work collaboratively with LOB Engineering to ensure part
drawings and 3D CAD models are updated and available for Tooling
- Support NA plant Smart Factory needs, including the promotion
of advanced technologies such as Advanced Robotics, IoT
Connectivity, and Virtual Reality.
- Hire, coach, and develop resources to fill this need.
We know skills and competencies show up in--many different
ways--and can be based on your life experience.--If you do--not
necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still
encourage you to apply for the--position. This job might be for you
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineer Electrical
- MBA or Master of Science in Engineering related fields a
- Six Sigma Green Belt desirable along with SPS Lean Skills or
- 10 or more years of experience in field of Manufacturing
Engineering, Manufacturing Process, Automation and Robotics.
- Experience and knowledge of Schneider Electric Industrial
Automation offerings a plus.
- Fluent English
- Ability to travel within US, Mex and Canada Schneider Electric
offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as
flexible work arrangements, paid family leave,---401(k)+ match, and
more. Click here to find out more about working with us:---
http://se.com/us/careers . We seek out and reward people for
putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo,
embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting
like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people
as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of
diversity---are seen as---a real value for the company. See what
our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
https://youtu.be/C7sogZ_oQYg Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any
position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is
the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring,
training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals
regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national
origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies:---Schneider Electric does not accept
unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to
such. Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against---on the basis of---disability.
Req: 006MQX SIGN UP FOR EMAIL I'd like to receive news and
commercial info from Schneider Electric and its affiliates via
electronic communication means such as email. For more details,
Keywords: Schneider Electric Norge AS, Roanoke , Core Technologies Director, Executive , Franklin, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!