Regional Medical Director - Bluefield, VA (Physician #)
Posted on: February 22, 2021
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in
the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Regional Medical
Director to join our team in Bluefield, VA. At Optum, we are
transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led
- In conjunction with the Senior VP of Medical Operations; assist
in the research, development, and writing or revising of new or
existing policies, protocols, and practice guidelines related to
patient care and medical provider employment.
- Assist in the implementation of all MedExpress policies and
procedures as they pertain to patient care and provider
- Organize, direct, and integrate practices to assure continued
compliance with applicable State and Federal laws governing medical
- Participate in site review by State, Federal, or other
- Organize, direct, and integrate the medical arm of Operations
with other departments within the MedExpress organization.
- Maintain an effective working and interpersonal relationship
with the medical colleagues, administrative personnel, hospital
systems, and patients in order to achieve maximum operational
effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Lead broader team engagement and mediate professional
- Participate in MedExpress marketing activities.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring
- Participate in patient satisfaction projects as developed by
- In conjunction with the Area Managers and Senior VP of Medical
Operations, assists in developing and meeting budgetary goals.
- Develop, oversee, and participate in projects that ensure the
cost-effectiveness of care provided by medical providers and
- Attend local and national meetings and conferences to remain
current regarding issues relevant to the performance of duties.
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients
get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still
maintaining the culture and community locally.
- Competitive pay and well deserved incentive bonuses
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture Careers with MedExpress
At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient,
affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations.
Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a
full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients
get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We
provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic
wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of
the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're
working together to help people live healthier lives and to help
the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of
our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across
the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and
Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. --
2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
- Board Certification in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine,
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60
days of employment)
- CPR/BLS certification (or willing to obtain prior to
- Unrestricted medical license and DEA within the platform
- 5 or more years working knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA, and
State/Federal laws governing medical services
- 3 or more years of leadership, administrative, mediation,
management, or supervisory experience in a clinical setting
- Willing and able to assist at other locations in the area
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering
your symptoms via phone system) or a similar Optum approved symptom
screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep
our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local
masking orders. In addition, when in an Optum building, employees
are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing
cannot be attained Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and
office management system software
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in
- Clinical experience working as a Physician in emergency
medicine, urgent care, ambulatory care, family medicine, or
internal medicine setting
- Ability to remotely manage medical leaders across multiple
- Commitment to driving business results and initiatives About
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of
care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through
more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused
on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change
through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better? Job Keywords:
Primary Care Physician, Internal medicine, Family medicine, Primary
care physician, DO, MD, Physician, T eam Care, Managed Risk, Value
Based Care, Bluefield, VA, Virginia
Keyphrases: health administration jobs, medical director jobs,
hospital administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs,
healthcare administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare
administrator jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical
officer jobs, medical director position jobs, associate medical
director jobs, medical ceo jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical
administrative jobs, executive director jobs
Keywords: Optum, Roanoke , Regional Medical Director - Bluefield, VA (Physician #), Executive , Bluefield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!