Director, OPEX & Quality
Company: Overhead Door Corporation
Location: Mount Hope
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The Sr. Director, Operational Excellence and Quality will be
responsible for partnering with the Operations leadership and
cross-functional leaders to establish highly engaged and effective
Continuous Improvement culture across all functional disciplines
from product management, engineering, operations, customer care and
quality. This role will be responsible for identifying and
executing breakthroughs in product development, operations, quality
and supply chain by utilizing the Overhead Door lean playbook and
80/20 mindset. Emphasis is on leadership, continuous improvement
skills and culture building that will lead to self-sustaining
capabilities throughout the plant network. This position has high
visibility with the leadership team and reports directly to the Sr.
VP Operations- Access Systems Division (Overhead Door and Wayne
Dalton).-- Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Leads the operational excellence and quality efforts in support
of the division's strategy and business objectives.
- Introduces and implements structured and disciplined methods
and tools for continuous improvement of manufacturing and supply
- Drives "bottom-line" performance improvement in critical
operational performance areas such as cost, labor productivity,
customer service, quality, safety, compliance and people
- Develops and designs a best-in-class lean continuous
improvement and quality organizations, processes, and procedures
based on expert understanding, industry experience and insights
into future direction.
- Oversees supplier development, supplier quality and establishes
a strong supplier quality system.
- Lead/facilitate projects and/or events which address critical
issues, helping to drive improvements in all facets of the business
- Develop and lead a high-quality organization charged with
ownership of product and process quality within the ASD
- Provide leadership and coaching on the development of quality
strategies for product families; assist team and key business
partners in driving quality improvements based on customer
- Accountable for developing appropriate Core Value Drivers,
KPI's and operations metrics, lean strategy / execution.
- Drive change within the division to enable Overhead Door to
continuously improve performance, which includes managing the
transformation roadmap, and leveraging a cross-enterprise network
for continuous improvement and creating a visual workplace.
- Assist the Business Unit/Operating Companies' leadership in the
development of strategic continuous improvement and quality plans
for their businesses.
- Provide event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned
improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate
support, sustainment, and achievement of expected tangible
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to
accurately identify and document improvements.
- Coach and develop a problem-solving culture at all levels of
- Ability to communicate across the organization at all levels,
from individual contributors to executive leadership level.
- Lead and direct Root Cause Failure Analysis of significant
People, Process, and Equipment related downtime events; implement
permanent corrective actions to mitigate probability of
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred concentration in
engineering, manufacturing/operations, or an equivalent level of
- 15+ years of leadership experience in progressively responsible
roles and owned results.
- 15+ years of experience facilitating, coaching and implementing
Lean/Six Sigma events and driving major lean transformations with
- Automotive and Manufacturing experience required.
- Policy Deployment, Hoshin Kanri and 80/20 rule.
- General Management, Operations or Technical management
experience in lean/op ex environment. (General Management
experience highly preferred)
- In addition, the candidate must have experience with typical
quality gauges and instrumentation plus understand engineering
- Prior experience with ISO / QS / TS quality systems.
- Proven ability to successfully manage cross functional teams,
all levels of the organization and implement improvement within an
established time frame, then sustain improvements.
- Demonstrated success in applying to commercial, transactional,
or manufacturing process improvement tools.
- High energy, team oriented, data driven, and results
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills
and organization skills must be comfortable teaching and presenting
to large groups at all levels of the organization from shop floor
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS
Project, and various analysis tools.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 75% of the time .--
My Profile Create and manage profiles for future opportunities. At
Overhead Door Corporation, we recognize people as the core of our
strength. We offer our employees a collaborative culture and the
opportunity to make the most of your talents. Join our team to earn
bragging rights by belonging to an industry leading, world class
organization. If you are interested in becoming part of a Powerful
team of People, view our career opportunities! Overhead Door
Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment, Affirmative Action
employer of talented people who make things happen -a powerful and
diverse team that includes women, minorities, individuals with
disabilities and covered veterans. Overhead Door is proud to be a
drug free environment. The following link provides more information
regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in
employment: EEO is the Law - Notice of Applicant Rights Under the
Law www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf In
compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), Overhead Door
Corporation offers accommodations for individuals with disabilities
that want to apply for a position. Request disability
Keywords: Overhead Door Corporation, Roanoke , Director, OPEX & Quality, Executive , Mount Hope, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!