Provider Contracting Senior Manager- Middle TN & KY
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Provider Contracting Senior Manager- Middle TN & KY Location
Franklin, Tennessee, United States of America Category Operations
Posted Date: 03/09/2021 Job Id 21003860 This position serves as an
integral member of Cigna's local market network management and
provider contracting team, and reports to the Vice President of
Network Management. This role is a key contributor to
affordability, medical cost management, and strategy for the Middle
Tennessee and Kentucky market. This position but must be based in
the greater Nashville area preferred. DUTIES AND
- Manages contracts and negotiations for fee for service and
value-based collaborative programs with hospitals, physicians, and
- Potential to directly manage other contracting associates,
providing leadership and mentoring.
- Builds relationships that nurture provider partnerships and
seeks broader value-based business opportunities to support the
local market strategy.
- Responsible for Cigna's cost of care, affordability, network
composition, and competitive position for commercial networks.
- Responsibility for network and business strategy for other
customer segments such as Medicare and individual, should they
apply to the market.
- Initiates, nurtures and maintains effective channels of
communication with matrix partners including but not limited to,
Claims Operations, Medical Management. Credentialing, Legal,
Medical Economics, Compliance, Sales and Marketing and
- Responsible for meeting unit cost targets, while preserving an
adequate network, to achieve and maintain Cigna's competitive
- Lead collaborative, value-based relationships with local
- Assists in resolving elevated and complex provider service
complaints. Researches problems and negotiates with
internal/external partners/customers to resolve highly complex
and/or escalated issues.
- Manages key provider relationships and is accountable for
critical interface with providers and business staff.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of providers in an
assigned geographic area through understanding the
interrelationships as well as the competitive landscape.
- Responsible for accurate and timely contract loading and
submissions and interface with matrix partners for network
implementation and maintenance. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Should possess a bachelor degree. Significant industry
experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor degree. MBA or
- Minimum of 5 years contracting and negotiating experience
involving complex delivery systems and organizations required.
- Prior experience managing direct reports and leading project
teams in a non-centralized work environment preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing key provider
relationships including senior executives.
- Knowledge of complex reimbursement methodologies, including
incentive based models required.
- Demonstrated experience in seeking out, building and nurturing
strong external relationships with provider partners.
- Intimate understanding and experience with larger, more complex
integrated delivery systems, managed care, and provider business
- Team player with proven ability to develop strong working
relationships within a fast-paced, matrix organization.
- The ability to influence both sales and provider audiences
through strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience
with formal presentations.
- Customer centric and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates managerial courage and change leadership in a
- Superior problem solving, decision-making, negotiating skills,
contract language and financial acumen.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office tools. About Cigna Cigna
Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated
to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we
serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through
Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical,
dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits,
and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees
worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more
affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched
expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to
patient-centered care, we are a force of health services
innovation. When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful
career experiences that enrich people's lives while working
together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will
you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on
Instagram. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard
to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including
pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited
to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry,
marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity
laws. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the
online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
response. About Cigna Employment with Cigna, including employment
within the LDP program, is at-will; that is, it is not for a
specified period of time and can be terminated at any time for any
reason, with or without cause or notice, by me or by Cigna. LDP
programs, policies and processes may be changed by Cigna at any
Keywords: Cigna, Roanoke , Provider Contracting Senior Manager- Middle TN & KY, Executive , Franklin, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!