Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Manufacturing plant specializes in manufacturing rubber &
thermoset components used in various rail, industrial and other
transportation market applications. Our group supplies unique,
high-performance rubber, fabric-reinforced, metal-bonded, molded
phenolic and thermoset solutions through comprehensive
manufacturing processes, capabilities and value-added services.
The facility is located 45 minutes west of Blacksburg, Virginia, 1
hour from Roanoke, VA and is a non-union plant with a stable
tenured leadership team that operates 24 hours a day / 5 – 7 days a
week employing a hard-working labor force. Employing
-125 employees and generating - $25,000,000 in annual
revenue. Stunning outdoor landscape with mountains, rivers, hills
and a charming downtown.
GENERAL MANAGER SCOPE
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day
operation of the organization, including operations, manufacturing
services, engineering, sales/marketing, finance/accounting, human
resources, maintenance and safety/environmental and quality
control; as well as utilizing all internal and external resources
to maximize revenue and sales growth, and strategic sales
objectives and meeting annual revenue goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership and day to day management for the
- Anticipate future trends and consequences, forecast accordingly
and adapt to changes and challenges in order to maintain business
- Foster a team environment by participating in decision making,
information sharing and identifying opportunities for
- Partner with HR to create and maintain a positive work
environment and oversee all aspects of talent management.
- Ensure that products are manufactured and delivered to the
customer in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining
the highest standard of quality. Embrace continuous improvement.
Modify production and inventory control programs to enhance
- Promote and ensure adherence to safety protocols and standards
and ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures and
- Participate in developing the yearly budget and manage
activities within the budget through the year. Establish reporting
rhythm. Analyze opportunities to reduce costs and increase
- Oversee all aspects of commercial growth and customer
- Developing a deep understanding of the competitive threats to
maximize the value proposition when compared to potential
- Reviewing operations of competing organizations and
recommending sales/product programs to develop new markets or
increase market share.
- Developing a deep understanding of customer business model,
desired outcomes, and pain points and be dedicated to meeting their
expectations and mapping desired outcomes
- Overseeing product development strategy and setting pricing on
all products and maintaining market share
- Leading the negotiations and contracting effort with the
customer to ensure efficient closure of opportunities
- Bachelor’s in business, Marketing, Engineering or related
- 8 or more years of progressive leadership experience in a
manufacturing work environment
- P&L Responsibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing, financial planning,
and business planning skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Previous experience Leading and developing teams and
- Previous industrial manufacturing experience strongly
- Engineering knowledge and experience strongly
- Experience successfully working in a large corporation in a
matrix led organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication/language skills
required to include the ability to provide written and verbal
instructions, compile and present business reports/correspondence,
and present information clearly
- Interpersonal and supervisory skills, such as emotional
competency, coaching, providing feedback, and evaluating
performance of subordinates.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills and
- Capable of planning and organizing work and processes; ability
to self-direct multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and reasoning ability and good judgment for complex
business decisions and strategic planning
Keywords: Job Juncture, Roanoke , Plant Manager, Executive , Wytheville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!