Company: Greer Industries
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Mine Manager - Greer Lime Company -Position Summary: -
- Greer Industries is seeking a Mine Manager for the Greer Lime
Company Plant located in Riverton, West Virginia. In addition to
surface mining, underground mine development is scheduled to start
in May 2022.
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will be responsible
for the overall management, direction and coordination of the
mining process, including developing and monitoring mine plans to
minimize costs and meet quality and regulatory requirements.
- The Mine Manager will be managing approximately 19 employees,
including a Mine Supervisor and 18 people. This role provides
excellent growth potential for the right candidate. -Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Regularly interfaces with Plant personnel to ensure customers'
needs are being met.
- Responsible for maintaining production rates to best utilize
equipment and labor while managing costs.
- Responsible for managing/balancing plant-wide production
- Works with the Safety and Human Resources Manager to provide a
safe workplace and promote effective employee relations. -Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining, Geological Science, or Civil
Engineering, required from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineering Certification (P.E.) a plus.
- Minimum of five to ten years of progressive experience in
underground hard rock mining (engineering/management roles).
- Assists in development of the workforce.
- Demonstrated track record of developing cost effective
- Strong project management skills, including budgeting,
planning, monitoring capital expenditures and a record of
accomplishment and increased scope of responsibility. -Compensation
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Company vehicle provided
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including FSA/HSA
- Paid time off
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution
- Life insurance
- Paid Relocation -About Greer Industries -Having produced high
quality lime and limestone products for over 50 years, Greer Lime
manufactures products from the purest limestone deposit east of the
Mississippi River, with a calcium content of 98%. -Greer Lime
Company is a division of Greer Industries. Founded in 1914 by
Herbert C. Greer and Agnes Jane Reeves Greer, this highly
diversified group of companies oversees numerous other successful
divisions spanning a fascinating range of industries including:
mining, steel, tourism, recreation and broadcasting. -
Keywords: Greer Industries, Roanoke , Mine Manager, Executive , Riverton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!