RN Case Manager - 8 West - Medicine (Roanoke, VA, US, 24014)
Company: Carilion Clinic
Posted on: May 28, 2023
How You'll Help Transform Healthcare: Provides case management
for assigned patient populations. Utilizes clinical expertise,
communication and problem solving skills to achieve optimal
clinical and resource outcomes. Promotes cost-effective care by
minimizing fragmentation, maximizing coordination, and facilitating
patient/family movement through the health care organization.
Performs patient needs assessments upon admission and at regular
intervals; facilitating referrals and providing linkages to health,
wellness, and post-acute care resources across the health care
continuum. Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration and teamwork to
progress the plan of care and discharge plan. Promotes appropriate
length of stay, resource management, and care transitions to the
next level of care. Must comply with all federal and state
regulations surrounding the discharge process. Must possess
knowledge of growth and development appropriate to age group served
and incorporate plan to meet needs into plan of care. - -
- Collaborates with Utilization Review Nurse.
- Facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Coordinates care and services within the case managed
- Performs face-to-face assessments of patients/families when
appropriate to identify individualized needs in collaboration with
SW. CM will review assigned census beginning each day with their SW
partner to determine patient statuses and needs for the day.
- Documentation in the medical record is completed in the
appropriate time frame, accurately reflecting the plan of care and
CM interventions. Complies with CMS regulations related to
discharging planning documentation.
- Facilitates appropriate referrals surrounding high-cost
medications for all patients, insured or uninsured. Works with
other disciplines along with support staff to obtain prior
authorizations and/or co-pay information to ensure medication needs
are met for discharge and do not create a barrier.
- Ensures coordination of care when patients are transferred:
acute hospital to acute hospital, and jails/prisons. Communicates
with outside nursing or case management staff as appropriate for
- Advocates for the patient and family throughout the entire
episode of care.
- Participates in departmental and system performance improvement
- Participate in Unit-based IDR morning and afternoon
- Coordinate referrals for DME, HH, Hospice.
- Utilize predictive analytic software (example: JVION).
- Communicate with assigned UR nurse and SW partner.
- Reassess patients and document status of referrals, movement on
- Aids in the delivery of regulatory letters (IM, HINN,
- Integrates InterQual information during unit huddles and
throughout workday as appropriate.
- Provides Medication Assistance to patients identified in need
(RX Help, CMAP).
- Initiates Medication Investigations (need for authorization,
obtain co-pay information).
- Communicate post-acute care needs of inmates during transitions
back to jail.
- Assist in acute-acute and transitions of care.
- Maintain awareness and anticipate unit-based patient
- Provide hand-off communication of unit needs to peers during
weekday/weekend transition. What We Require: Education: Registered
Nurse. Bachelor's degree required. 5 years of Case Management
experience in a hospital setting may be considered in lieu of a
Bachelor's Degree. Experience: Three years of recent experience in
a clinical health care setting with responsibilities reflecting
direct management of patient care including planning, coordination,
and delivery of needed services such as education, psychosocial
support, discharge planning and utilization management. Supervisory
or leadership experience is preferred. Licensure, certification,
and/or registration: Current licensure in Virginia as a Registered
Nurse. - Other Minimum Qualifications: Must demonstrate knowledge
and competency in the following areas: satisfactory completion of
orientation; positive interpersonal oral communication skills;
effective written communication skills; integrity; innovation; team
player; courteous; ability to resolve complaints/problems;
customer-focused philosophy of service delivery; ability;
willingness to work as an integral member of a multi-skilled team.
Also demonstrate knowledge and competency in; computer literacy;
community and system resources; effective interpersonal relations;
assertiveness; flexibility; perseverance; diplomacy and
negotiation. About Carilion This is Carilion Clinic ... An
organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected
and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health
system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that
is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of
award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3
NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty
physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of
Medicine and Research Institute. Carilion is where you can make
your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a
difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are
kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us. Requisition
Number: 140217 - Employment Status: Full time - Location: CRMH -
Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital - Shift: Day/Evening - Shift
Details: 8a-4:30p, periodic on call Recruiter: DANA E JOHNSON -
Recruiter Phone: 540-400-4631 - Recruiter Email:
email@example.com For more information, contact the HR
Service Center at 1-800-599-2537. Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Carilion Clinic is
a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Carilion Clinic, Roanoke , RN Case Manager - 8 West - Medicine (Roanoke, VA, US, 24014), Executive , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...