RN / PCU / Virginia / Travel / Registered Nurse - PCU Job in Roanoke,
Company: GIFTED Healthcare
Posted on: December 3, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTS Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN)
Travel Job Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurses care for
patients requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment.
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close
monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren't unstable enough
to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other
vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling
intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a
significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an
intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse,
telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro
stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient??s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and
treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and
interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in
accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned BENEFITS OF
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral
bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a
nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package FACILITY DETAILS
One of Virginia's largest hospital features 703-beds with an
additional 60-bed NICU, a level-1 trauma center, and a Children's
Hospital with a pediatric ER. The facility is the only in the area
that is Magnet recognized. Services offered include cancer care,
heart care, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and women's services.This
facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date
information regarding patients' care and treatment to its nurses,
physicians and facilities.
There are so many fun things to do in the Roanoke, Virginia and the
Blue Ridge Mountain area. From galleries and shows to sports and
shopping, there are always new experiences for travel nurses to
enjoy. As the state recreational, cultural and business hub,
Roanoke is known as the "Star City of the South". The nickname is
also attributed to the iconic Roanoke Star, which sits atop Mill
Mountain and overlooks the entire region.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE GIFTED Healthcare is a company that
believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient
care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare
professionals, and become that difference! Do you remember why you
became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: GIFTED Healthcare, Roanoke , RN / PCU / Virginia / Travel / Registered Nurse - PCU Job in Roanoke,, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!