Account Executive- Oncology- Roanoke
Posted on: January 16, 2020
This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining
strategic business relationships with Oncology departments and
practices consisting of interactions with Oncologists,
Hematologists, nurses, executive level personnel, marketing,
department managers, Healthcare Providers and various other
physicians and support staff. Business relationships will be
focused on increasing education on product benefits/risks
consistent with approved label, developing new business, improving
resource utilization, and growing sales and market share by
achieving sales plan for the assigned Oncology product portfolio.
Learn more about this role and what it takes and what we are
looking for as an Account Executive within Oncology! Key
- Uses opportunities to understand and address customer needs!
Builds strong relationships that provide market intelligence and
support development of compliant and innovative programs and
initiatives. Builds and maintains relationships across accounts
that result in opportunities to benefit patients, physicians, and
other HCPs within the geography.
- Consistently partners with in-house and/or cross-franchise
leaders, and collaborates with such partners to identify, design
and/or adapt appropriate approaches and tactics demonstrating
resources within geography.
- Delivers effective on-label technical and scientific
presentations utilizing approved data, to include supporting data,
to appropriately highlight the benefits and risks of the product
resulting in sales quota achievement.
- Serve as lead US Commercial contact with targeted accounts in
assigned geography and collaborate with all AbbVie and any
co-promotion Counterparts including Marketing, Managed Care,
Hematology Clinical Coordinators, Thought Leader Liaisons, and
contracted SPPs to provide excellent customer support for
physicians to the benefit of their patients. Such support should
include site support and addressing any potential customer
- Build, implement and communicate strategic and tactical plans
for targeted accounts. In collaboration with sales leadership and
other appropriate AbbVie or Co-Promote partners, facilitate site
physician/treatment team training on approved and safe use of
AbbVie's products. Monitor and report sales progress. Provide
routine communications to all internal and external (as applicable)
- Act as AbbVie key point of contact to each account. Respond to
or direct customer to the appropriate service or point of contact
for their questions or requests and actively follow-up. Take lead
in coordinating and ensuring any needed or requested support is
delivered in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the
- Attend and actively participate in local clinician boards,
societies, meetings and the like. Represent AbbVie and assigned
products at such venues, build/improve new/existing relationships.
Channel key information, developments or findings to internal
partners/stakeholders. All communications in these forums are
- Remain current on all clinical, market, and payer developments,
tends, and issues specific to oncology.
- Complete all AbbVie required training and maintain adherence to
all company policies and OEC/Legal procedures.
- Within assigned accounts and geography, seeks out important
information and articulates implications to our business and to our
- Transfers knowledge to appropriate internal partners and
integrates standard methodologies that have tangible value for
customers and patients across assigned brands to benefit the
- Establishes and maintains a complete understanding of approved
product label and disease state knowledge for impactful use with
- Optimizes both external and internal data, resources, and tools
to identify sales opportunities and program strategy for customers
in assigned territories.
- With the approval of legal/OEC, actively participates in
relevant organizational programs in local markets.
- Develops a strong command of available selling resources and
tools; fully demonstrates those resources to support selling
strategies and maximize impact.
- Provide all physician detailing using AbbVie approved materials
and in accordance with all of AbbVie's policies and
- An essential requirement of your position is to meet health
care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to
gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your
assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may
include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens,
and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases. Basic:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years Oncology or Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales/Account
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting
- Strong eye for business; analytical ability to analyze diverse
sets of data using multiple tools and define account/program
strategies that drive business objectives.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of how to effectively meet
customer needs in a complex environment through forward-thinking,
innovative strategies that align with the company and customer
- Effectively demonstrate leadership skills; ability to lead
without direct authority. Has experience with successfully
developing teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Preferred:
- 5+ years Oncology or Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales/Account
- Experience operating in a Specialty Pharmacy Provider
- Oncology and/or account management experience.
- People management or other leadership experience
Keywords: AbbVie, Roanoke , Account Executive- Oncology- Roanoke, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!