Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric
Company: LewisGale Medical Center
Posted on: February 21, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a work environment as a Registered Nurse where
diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA
LewisGale Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to
be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At HCA LewisGale Regional Health System, we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment-up to $150 a month Paid Personal
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you
have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated RN like you to be a part of our team.
Check us out on Facebook !
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates accountability for essential clinical knowledge to
positively affect patient outcomes within the scope of nursing
practice while assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating
- Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment and
competent or expert nursing skills while following established
policies including those related to confidentiality (written,
verbal, electronic and digital).
- Timely collaborates with the healthcare team to report critical
information or change in condition.
- Promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and
attentiveness. Demonstrates timely pain assessment and
- Collaborates with patients, families, and the healthcare team
to coordinate care for an effective and current plan of care.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) , a 521-bed acute care facility, is
a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, one of the nation
s largest and leading healthcare systems. Through our extensive
network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge
County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege
of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also
ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia for benchmarked quality
cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has ranked us
among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our
services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure,
pneumonia and surgical care. Most importantly, our healthcare
family is community focused and dedicated to enhancing the health
and quality of life by putting our patients first.
For more information on the culture at LGMC click on the video
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Behavioral Health Services
We are an HCA Healthcare facility and for more than a century, we
have delivered the highest quality healthcare to residents of
Southwest Virginia. When patients experience behavioral or mental
health conditions, our multidisciplinary team is here to offer
compassionate treatment and support services. We provide inpatient
and outpatient programs for patients in a safe and secure
environment that fosters healing and recovery.
Our Behavioral Health Units
We offer both inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services
to individuals who are 13 years old and older. We provide inpatient
mental health care, drug and alcohol detoxification, and intensive
outpatient programs for adults.
Conditions we will treat include:
- Depression with feelings of hopelessness or suicide, inability
to care for oneself
- Anxiety causing constant fear, paralyzing worries or panic
- Severe disorientation or memory impairment
- Inability to maintain adequate nutrition, which may threaten
life or vital body functions
- Threatening thoughts or assaultive behaviors toward others
- Unusual or bizarre behavior with illogical thoughts or
- Emotional issues occurring with substance abuse or medical
- Inability to maintain psychiatric stabilization through
- Any appropriate diagnosis in the adult population Components of
treatment will include:
- Crisis intervention
- Psychiatric triage, evaluation and differential diagnosis
- Medication stabilization
- Group therapy
- Family therapy and education
- Educational groups
- Activity therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Coping skills training
- Discharge planning
- Outpatient follow-up Qualifications
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degreefrom a professional nursing program
- BSN or current enrollment in aBSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred) LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- Currentlicensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current
multi-state compactRN license with eligibility to practice in VA is
- AmericanHeart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
Provider (required) Be a part of an organization that invests in
you. We areactively reviewing applications for our RN opening.
Highlyqualified candidates will be promptly contacted for
interviews. Submit yourapplication and help us raise the bar in
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, ccu, intensive care
unit, maternal, mhb, psychatric, staff nurse, unit
Keywords: LewisGale Medical Center, Roanoke , Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric, Healthcare , Salem, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!