RN House Supervisor
Company: LewisGale Medical Center
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) deliversquality care to our
patients located in the beautiful mountainous region ofSouthwest
Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is thelargest
hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS).
Throughour extensive network stretching from the Alleghany
Highlands and RockbridgeCounty to the Roanoke and New River
Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000
patients eachyear. LewisGale is also ranked among thetop hospitals
in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer
care,patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly,
the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)have ranked us
among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for
ourservices and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure,
pneumonia andsurgical care.
Job Duties Include:
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians
and all aspects of the health care team. Effectively promotes and
enforces customer service standards for all departments. Supports
department directors with staff and provides nursing department
directors feedback regarding staff performance and/or
- Maintains accurate staffing and census reports.
- Acts as in-house resource for staff, patients, visitors, and
physicians. In role as resource to staff, gives special attention
to employees in their orientation period in order to assist with
establishing their competency.
- Assists units and families with patient deaths.
- Responds to potential and/or actual emergency situations with
direct and appropriate actions. (i.e. RRT, Code Blue, Code Sespis,
MEWS & PEWS Trauma Alerts)
- Works with the Transfer Center to obtain and communicate bed
assignments. Coordinates transportation to units for transfers
- Communicates with peers, nurse managers, and others to exchange
feedback on service issues and to solve problems, including patient
and physician complaints.
- Demonstrates ability in using hospital information systems
including on-line forms required for position including
notifications, code critique, chart review as needed.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and professional
- Assists with the orientation of new hires including new shift
administrators as needed.
- Assures management of other specific routines including
responding to unit requests for pharmaceuticals after hours
following established procedures; notifying all personnel and
coordinating posting of OR cases after hours; assisting with stat
c-sections or set up of NICU services after hours.
- Regularly rounds on units and in patient areas to interact with
patients, families, and visitors to identify opportunity to improve
the patient experience.
Qualifications EXPERIENCERequired Two years experience as a
Registered Nurse with demonstrated proficiency in customer
services, leadership and management skills.Preferred - Five years
clinical experience with critical care experience and experience in
a management role. EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred) LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
Provider (required) Why join HCA - LewisGale?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Repayment-up to $150 a month We are an equal
opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. Notice Our Company s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-###-#### option 1. Associated topics: ambulatory, ccu,
domiciliary, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, psychiatric,
registed, surgical, unit
Keywords: LewisGale Medical Center, Roanoke , RN House Supervisor, Healthcare , Salem, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!