Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric
Company: LewisGale Medical Center
Posted on: February 25, 2021
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Areyou looking for a work environment as a Registered Nurse where
diversity andinclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA
LewisGale Medical Centertoday and find out what it truly means to
be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
AtHCA LewisGale Regional Health System, we want toensure your needs
are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,and
vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- StudentLoan Repayment-up to $150 a month
- TuitionReimbursement/Assistance Programs
- PaidPersonal Leave
- 401k(100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- IdentityTheft Protection discounts
- Auto,Home, and Life Insurance options
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program (ESPP) Youcontribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives andyou have
the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated RNlike you to be a part of our team.
Check us out on Facebook !
Jobduties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstratesaccountability for essential clinical knowledge to
positively affect patientoutcomes within the scope of nursing
practice while assessing, planning,intervening and evaluating
- Demonstratesstrong and accurate clinical judgment and competent
or expert nursing skillswhile following established policies
including those related to confidentiality(written, verbal,
electronic and digital).
- Timely collaborates with the healthcare team to reportcritical
information or change in condition.
- Promotes comfort and prevents suffering throughpresence and
attentiveness. Demonstrates timely pain assessment
- Collaborates with patients, families, and thehealthcare team to
coordinate care for an effective and current plan of care.
LewisGaleMedical Center (LGMC) , a 521-bed acute carefacility, is a
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, one of thenation s
largest and leading healthcare systems. Throughour extensive
network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and
RockbridgeCounty to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the
privilege of servingmore than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale
is also ranked amongthe top hospitals in Virginia for benchmarked
quality cancer care, patient safetyand satisfaction and health
outcomes. The Centers for Medicare andMedicaid Services (CMS) has
ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide onquality measures for
our services and treatments to address heart attack, heartfailure,
pneumonia and surgical care. Most importantly, ourhealthcare family
is community focused and dedicated to enhancing the healthand
quality of life by putting our patients first.
For more information on the culture at LGMC click on thevideo
HCAHealthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company byEthisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, andother uncompensated expenses.
Behavioral Health Services
We are an HCA Healthcarefacility and for more than a century, we
have delivered the highestquality healthcare to residents of
Southwest Virginia. When patients experiencebehavioral or mental
health conditions, our multidisciplinary team is here tooffer
compassionate treatment and support services. We provide inpatient
andoutpatient programs for patients in a safe and secure
environment that fostershealing and recovery.
Our Behavioral Health Units
We offer both inpatient andoutpatient behavioral health services to
individuals who are 13 years old andolder. We provide inpatient
mental health care, drug and alcoholdetoxification, and intensive
outpatient programs for adults.
Conditions we will treatinclude:
- Depression with feelings of hopelessness or suicide,inability
to care for oneself
- Anxiety causing constant fear, paralyzing worries orpanic
- Severe disorientation or memory impairment
- Inability to maintain adequate nutrition, which maythreaten
life or vital body functions
- Threatening thoughts or assaultive behaviors towardothers
- Unusual or bizarre behavior with illogical thoughts
- Emotional issues occurring with substance abuse ormedical
- Inability to maintain psychiatric stabilization
- Any appropriate diagnosis in the adult population Components of
- Crisis intervention
- Psychiatric triage, evaluation and differentialdiagnosis
- Medication stabilization
- Group therapy
- Family therapy and education
- Educational groups
- Activity therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Coping skills training
- Discharge planning
- Outpatient follow-up Qualifications
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degreefrom a professional nursing program
- BSN or current enrollment in aBSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred) LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- Currentlicensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current
multi-state compactRN license with eligibility to practice in VA is
- AmericanHeart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
Provider (required) Be a part of an organization that invests in
you. We areactively reviewing applications for our RN opening.
Highlyqualified candidates will be promptly contacted for
interviews. Submit yourapplication and help us raise the bar in
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, hospice, infusion,
intensive, maternal, psychiatric, tcu, transitional
Keywords: LewisGale Medical Center, Roanoke , Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric, Healthcare , Salem, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!