Supervisor Health and Safety
Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
The EH&S Manager will take the lead in all environmental and
safety aspects and programs including ensuring compliance with
company global policies and standards and regulatory requirements.
The EH&S Manager will also act as a resource by providing
technical expertise to multiple site personnel across the
organizational hierarchy to promote a sustainable and preventative
The successful candidate must have experience with conducting
environmental and safety assessments, preparing reports &
submittals, environmental permit application development,
calculating emissions, managing data, tracking permit and reporting
due dates, interacting with regulatory agencies, developing and
providing tools to assist in maintaining compliance and training
for plant personnel in all environmental and safety
Advanced experience with MS Suite of products, e.g., Excel, Access,
Minitab, PowerPoint & Visio is also required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing multi-media environmental compliance programs (Air,
Drinking Water, Stormwater, Wastewater, Waste, etc.) and permitting
actions. Act as an interface between environmental regulatory
agencies and JELD-WEN.
- Implementing and managing environmental management systems to
address the regulatory requirements required of the JELD-WEN
- Preparing and submitting reports to various regulatory
- Managing the safety system and OSHA compliance programs. Act as
an interface between occupational safety agencies and
- Training site employees on Life Critical Safety Rules and the
EH&S management system. Keeping rosters, maintaining training
materials, train the trainer level of understanding for all safety
- Conducting routine environmental and safety assessments and
inspections including developing corrective actions
- Developing standards and work practices to promote a proactive
and preventative safety and environmental program.
- Assisting sites with preparing and responding to regulatory
requests and/or enforcement actions.
- BS in engineering, science or related field from an accredited
college or university.
- 5+ years of environmental and safety management experience
preferably in a manufacturing organization with extensive
experience managing technical air permits.
- Experience managing EH&S Management Systems, e.g., ISO
- Significant knowledge of Safety and Environmental Regulatory
- Managing technical air compliance programs
- Experience managing and troubleshooting continuous emission
- Experience using web-based systems to support EH&S, e.g.,
Enablon, Gen-Suite, Process Map, or similar.
- Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation,
project management skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft suite, including Excel,
PowerPoint and Access databases.
- Strong analytical skills
- Up to 10% overnight travel required.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company
will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Roanoke , Supervisor Health and Safety, Healthcare , Craigsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!