Company: Sanford Federal
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Sanford Federal, Inc. headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier,
Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal
professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced
information technology, cyber security, management systems support,
as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers
of technology solutions to the United States government. Our
mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information
technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and
protect the American people.
Job Title: Medical services
Based at: Harpers Ferry, WV
Job Summary: Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for a Board
Certified/Board Eligible medical assistant.
- The Physician and/or Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
shall provide ON-SITE Medical services for all students on Center,
in accordance with applicable Federal laws/regulations, OSHA and
HIPAA requirements, state and local laws, and guidelines of the
American Medical Association.
- Medical services must also include analysis and use of the most
efficient and cost-effective practice of contemporary,
evidence-based health care possible given available time,
resources, and personnel. These services will involve coordinating
and integrating the medical services program with other health and
wellness components/activities on Center and providing medical
services to enrollees and established students on Center.
- possess the ability to work both independently and as a member
of a healthcare team to provide optimal services to a population of
financially disadvantaged youth, ranging from 16 to 24 years in
- provide supervision to Nurse Practitioner and/or Physician
Assistant, if applicable, to comply with regulations in state where
Center is located.
- promptly review applicant files and conduct an initial medical
examination (intake); and a medical treatment plan, as
- record all medical documentation, such as, diagnosis, treatment
and management plans, medication, reason of denial into the program
(if recommended) etc. on the Student Health Record (SHR)
- during regular scheduled hours treat minor conditions (i.e.,
respiratory infections, cold and flu symptoms), episodic illness,
provide first aid and CPR, and other care within capabilities that
do not require emergency care or specialized treatment.
- provide management, written diagnoses, and treatment plans as
part of a chronic care management plan for students with chronic
- provide treatment of acute conditions and promotion and
maintenance of a family planning program.
- collaborate with Substance Abuse Counselor, and Center Mental
Health Counselor to discuss long-term medication management, as
- participate in Reasonable Accommodation Committee (RAC)
meetings & file applicant review team meetings during regular
scheduled hours, when requested.
- ensure medical equipment is properly cleaned and
- assist students to acquire health-related skills and knowledge
of healthy medical care.
- on a monthly basis, report to the Center Director on all
health- related matters; including student medical separations,
justification, and costs of needed special services, health and
non-healthcare equipment repair and replacement needs, depletion of
medical supplies and medications, and other areas deemed
- Establish an appropriate specialty medical referral system for
students who require special, or emergent, medical care.
- attend monthly conference calls, webinars, and DOL Training, as
available during regular scheduled hours of service.
- maintain, safeguard, and ensure the confidentiality of all
required student health records in accordance with the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- participate in health and wellness program continuous quality
improvement activities and advise and assist the health education
instructor in the development and implementation of the Medical
Health Education Program.
- provide medical services in a positive and productive manner to
facilitate student willingness to pursue recommended dental
- cooperate and comply with Job Corps assessment teams audits to
verify quality of services and adherence to the PRH
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving
our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions
for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our
nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence
communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our
soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to
highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all
qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sanford Federal, Roanoke , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Bluefield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!