Asst, Lab II - Histology req81930
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Asst, Lab II - Histology - Roanoke, VA - Monday-Friday
The Histology Laboratory Assistant II position is an entry level
position for an individual with prior laboratory experience. - The
individual will perform routine and limited non-routine functions
to aid in the preparation of histopathology samples. - The
individual will work under general supervision of trained,
certified histotechnicians and/or histotechnologists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. - - - - - - - - Under general supervision and according to
policies and procedures, perform routine and limited non-routine
activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic
evaluation by pathologist(s).
2. - - - - - - - - Receive/collect, label and prepare tissue
specimens for gross dissection.
3. - - - - - - - - Process paperwork associated with accessioning
4. - - - - - - - - Monitor inventory, requisition and order
supplies prior to depletion, stock and maintain laboratory
5. - - - - - - - - May run and/or monitor pending lists.
6. - - - - - - - - May generate and maintain department
7. - - - - - - - - Operate, clean, and sterilize laboratory
equipment, glassware, and instruments. - Maintain a clean
workstation in the grossing area.
8. - - - - - - - - Prepare reagents for tissue processing and
routine slide staining, under direct supervision.
9. - - - - - - - - Perform routine H&E staining either manually
10. - - - - - - Perform coverslipping of stained slides either
manually or automated.
11. - - - - - - Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of
12. - - - - - - With appropriate education and training, may assist
technical staff with limited technical functions (Contact MQA-AP
for specific guidance).
13. - - - - - - Responsible for all assigned clerical duties
associated with the Histology laboratory.
14. - - - - - - Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and
15. - - - - - - Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and
quality assurance standards are met.
16. - - - - - - Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and
17. - - - - - - Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
18. - - - - - - Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School Education or equivalent.
2. 1 year of histopathology or other laboratory experience
3. Good clerical, organizational and communication skills.
4. 1 year of experience handling PHI and other patient information
using an LIS
5. Basic knowledge of operating non-complex instrumentation.
1. College level science courses
2. 3 years of histopathology or other laboratory experience,
including providing support to pathologists.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to physically, audibly, and visually perform all
- Ability to prioritize workflow
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
- Good verbal skills
- Good decision making skills
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Roanoke , Asst, Lab II - Histology req81930, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!