Radiology Technology Faculty
Company: Virginia Community College System
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Role Title 9 month-Instructor Gfund Role Code 01033-SW FLSA Exempt
Pay Band 00 Working Title Radiology Technology Faculty Position
Number 294G0022 Agency Southwest Virginia Community College
Agency/Division Southwest Virginia Community College (Div) Work
Location Tazewell - 185 Hiring Range Salary commensurate with
experience Emergency/Essential Personnel No EEO Category I-Faculty
Full Time or Part Time Full Time Does this position have telework
options? -Telework options are subject to change based on business
needs- No Does this position have a bilingual or multilingual skill
requirement or preference? No Work Schedule
7:45a to 4:30p M-F
Schedule may vary depending on class schedule.
Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Sensitive Position No Job Description
Southwest Virginia Community College invites applicants to apply
for the role of Radiology Technology Faculty member. The Radiology
Technology member will be dedicated to student success, equity, and
to meeting the diverse needs of our students in the Health
Technologies Division. Though some classes may be taught remotely,
the selected candidate must be available to instruct
This position will be housed on the campus of Virginia Highlands
Community College in Abingdon, Virginia, with an anticipated start
date of August 16, 2022.
This position is eligible for a $2,500 sign-on bonus.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
* Submit outline, consistent with curriculum goals, for each course
assigned by the program director.
* Maintain class schedules as designated by the program
* Maintain course objectives as outlined, consistent with program
* Provide course instruction in accordance with designated
* Utilize a variety of proven teaching methods.
* Evaluate students on a regularly scheduled basis.
* Submit documentation of student progress in the manner indicated
by Program Director.
* Participate with Program Officials in periodic review, outcomes
assessment, and revision of course materials.
* Maintain appropriate expertise and competencies through
continuing professional development.
* Participates in faculty meetings and committees upon request of
* May participate in facility research and publish papers in
accordance with facility standards.
* May participate in student selection process when requested by
* Complies with program policies and procedures and JRCERT
* Abides by FERPA regulations.
* Maintains AART certification and appropriate continuing
* Maintains appropriate American Heart Association CPR
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be
required to assist the agency or state government generally in the
event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
* Bachelor's Degree in a health science field
* Associate's Degree in Radiology Technology
* Credentialed and in good standing by their respective
credentialing agency (AART)
* Current CPR certification by the American Heart Association
* Must be able to pass criminal background and drug screening
* Prior experience teaching with a JRCERT accredited program
* Shall document the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time
professional experience specific to the modality.
* Prior teaching experience
Operation of a State Vehicle No Supervises Employees No Required
Some travel may be required.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number FAC_548P Recruitment Type Public Number of Vacancies
1 Position End Date (if temporary) Job Open Date 06/09/2022 Job
Close Date 07/09/2022 Open Until Filled No Agency Website
www.sw.edu Contact Name Clint Pinion Email email@example.com Phone Number
2769647339 Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, you must complete the full
Please visit www.jobs.vccs.edu to apply.
Additional Information Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful
completion of a criminal background investigation, which may
include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment
verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to
employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to
complete the Commonwealth's Statement of Economic Interest. For
more information, please follow this link:
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes
applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the
benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed
to providing a work environment free of discrimination and
harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or
physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status,
gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS
will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants
in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the
United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and
provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Quicklink for Posting https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/44857
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application
* Unofficial Transcripts
* Teaching Philosophy
* Other Document
* Curriculum Vitae
* Unofficial Transcript 2
* Unofficial Transcript 3
* Sample Lesson Plan
* Sample Syllabus
Keywords: Virginia Community College System, Roanoke , Radiology Technology Faculty, Healthcare , Tazewell, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!