Hospice Nurse- Weekends
Company: Carilion Clinic
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Roanoke ,VA, US, 24016Job SummaryFull Time- Weekends Only**Sign
on Bonus Offered. Up to 30K**Performs Significant Job Duties:
- Demonstrates understanding of Hospice concept of care and the
complex issues related to caring for the terminally ill. Provides
competent, compassionate care in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrates willingness to function as a part of a
multidisciplinary Hospice team. Participates in IDT meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete comprehensive assessments
of patients of all ages in a timely manner. Conducts initial
evaluations and formulates individual plans of care and plans of
treatment with hand-off to the team as appropriate.
- Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are
accurately administered and documented utilizing automated computer
systems, including electronic medical records.
- Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate,
protector of patients' rights, and provider of
- Participates in performance improvement activities. Maintains
awareness of outcomes/scorecard measures - works towards positive
results. Assists with providing evidence-based educational
- Exhibits clinical expertise in rapidly changing
- Plans strategies to reduce turn-around time and resource
consumption and improve patient outcomes.
- Functions as a role model for clinical practice to co-workers,
students, and physicians.
- Uses problem-solving methods to facilitate resolution to
patient and personnel situations that present in the work
- Provides feedback to staff using appropriate communication and
- Provides input into practice, environment, and work issues by
participating in department, service line, and/or organizational
activities that facilitate staff participation/input in
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills.
- Securely utilizes electronic devices to access and
transfer/synchronize information in a timely manner to promote
hand-off of communication and to ensure quality and continuity of
- Collaborates with billing to ensure pre-authorization is
appropriately secured (if required) and patient financial
obligations are communicated initially and ongoing as changes
- Organizes and prioritizes tasks. Demonstrates flexibility with
scheduling and ability to prioritize competing needs.
- Complies with all hospice policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent communication/customer service skills in
written and verbal communication.
- Documents accurately and timely. Masters use of the electronic
- Ensures hand-off of communication to all team
members/departments at the end of the on-call rotation.
- Participates in special hospice events - e.g., grief camps,
Memorial Services, etc.Make the most of your clinical skills at an
organization that has earned numerous awards for clinical
excellence. Based in Roanoke, VA, our community-based health care
organization encompasses a comprehensive network of hospitals,
primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary
services.Play an important role with a regional leader that
inspires better health through compassionate care, medical
education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Realize the
advantages of advancing your career with an organization where you
can expect supportive leadership, state-of-the-art technological
resources, inter-professional teamwork, and innovative
learning.Minimum QualificationsEducation: Graduate of accredited
Registered Nurse Program.Experience: One (1) year experience in
hospice, home health, oncology, or medical surgical nursing
required.Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Currently
licensed as Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia or approved
compact state. Must have valid driver's license, automobile
insurance, and personal vehicle for making home visits.Life
Support: Must obtain/maintain AHA BLS-HCP.Other Minimum
Qualifications: Must have a clear criminal records' check as
approved through the Virginia State Police criminal record exchange
and found to be free from barrier crimes. Must successfully
complete orientation and competency requirements. Keyboarding
skills required for automated computer systems, including
electronic medical records. Must be able to meet essential job
functions. About CarilionBelow are our core values that we strive
to embody and expect of all our team members:Collaboration: Working
together with purpose to achieve shared goals.Commitment:
Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and
service.Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.Courage:
Doing what's right for our patients without question.Curiosity:
Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of
excellence.Requisition Number: 124043 Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Hospice Shift: Weekends Only Shift
Details: Friday 4:30pm - Monday 8amRecruiter: CHRISTOPHER D
FITZGERALD Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFor more
information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.Equal
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender
IdentityCarilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.Please see job
Keywords: Carilion Clinic, Roanoke , Hospice Nurse- Weekends, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!