Company: Staff Icons
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test result;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as patient
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in
their respective guidelines.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and all maintenance performed;
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or
immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance
- Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical
results to clients.
- If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab
- Maintain complete records of all testing performed
- Maintain general appearance of the department.
- Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration
dates, and if applicable opened dates.
- Review/train on new procedures.
- Attend monthly department and any additional
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know
the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the
location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or
Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical
Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR
493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates
must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF
(International Education Research Foundation). United States
educated candidates must provide a detailed original
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology preferred; or
Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry or Biology; or
Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT)
or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- One-year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) is
preferred but is not mandatory. Minimum of 1 year of clinical
laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with
Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry or Biology.
Keywords: Staff Icons, Roanoke , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!