Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you currently have an opportunity to
make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care
and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year,
nurses at LewisGale Medical Center have the opportunity to make a
real impact. As a(an) LPN you can be a part of
change.BenefitsLewisGale Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
LPN. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational
Nurse (LVN/LPN) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by
performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In
collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the
LPN/LVN provides individualized, comprehensive care consistent with
the scope and standards of the specialty.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide direct, evidence-based care to patients as directed by
the physician or RN.
- Assist with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as
- Perform lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of
practice, after demonstrating competency.
- Document the administration of care in the patient medical
record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Serve as a resource to department staff, students and
volunteers to help deliver quality patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse (LPN / LVN)
- Vocational School Graduate
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained
within 30 days of employment start dateThis role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).LewisGale Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
services since 1909. We give patient's access to trained physicians
and advanced technology. Our500+ bed hospitalis one of the leading
acute care facilities in the Salem area. We specialize inheart and
vascular care-including the latest advanced technology available
through our designated Heart Center-as well asorthopedics and spine
care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer
At LewisGale Medical Center, our care like family culture extends
to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to
each other because when we join together, our patients are cared
for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the
world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our LPN
opening. Submit your application today and help advance the
practice of nursing.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Roanoke , LPN, Healthcare , Salem, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!