Clinical Psychologist - Early Childhood
Company: Carilion Clinic
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Roanoke ,VA, US, 24018How You'll Help Transform
Healthcare:Clinical Psychologist, Early ChildhoodFull time,
Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:30pm, (Hybrid)Provides oversight, coordination,
and management of VMAP's early childhood services and serves as the
initial point of contract for incoming call to the VMAP line for
patients in the 0-5 age range.Significant job responsibilities:
- Participate in an infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
(IECMH) team training to level-set consultation approaches.
- Work closely with VMAP's early childhood consulting physicians
and care navigation team to provide comprehensive clinical and
resource support to PCPs and their patients.
- Receive and screen incoming calls from PCPs, provide case
conceptualization and diagnosis support, and work alongside VMAP's
early childhood physicians and consultants.
- Work closely with the care management team to ensure PCPs are
directed towards the right referrals and resources based on the
case, the consultation, and the patient's specific needs.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient
care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness, and
empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors, and
- Champion Carilion's mission, vision, and values; comply with
the policies and procedures, ethical standards, and code of conduct
set forth.Respond to incoming calls to the VAMP line during normal
business hours; screen and triage requests to additional early
childhood team as appropriate (early childhood physicians and/or
care navigators) - Provide direct mental, emotional, and behavioral
(MEB) consultations with PCPs within 30 minutes of case assignment:
- Provide pragmatic clinical advice in line with practice
guidelines and the best practices in early childhood pediatric
- Follow evidence-based practices on therapy and be able to
translate them to a medical home provider.
- Consult directly with PCPs on early childhood
developmental/behavioral issues such as tantrums/behaviors, biting,
toileting, feeding, developmental delays, positive parenting,
- Apply a bio psycho-social, trauma-informed lens to every
consult and attend to the subjective experience of the PCP as it
informs the clinical process.
- Provide case-specific recommendations regarding interventions
including parent coaching, parent support, and treatment/practice
recommendations for PCPs.
- Consult with PCPs on current treatment plans to determine best
course of action and provide alternative recommendations when
- Collaborate with early childhood physician on consultations
- When additional care is needed outside of the primary care
setting, work in conjunction with the care navigation team to refer
patients to the appropriate external behavioral health
resources.What We Require:Education: Ph.D. in Psychology from an
APA accredited graduate school required.Experience:
- Specialization in pediatric psychology or child clinical
- Clinical experience with infants, toddlers and preschool age
children and families.
- Experience with assessment and treatment of children with
comorbid medical, neurodevelopmental, genetic, and/or behavioral
- Supervision and/or consultation experience required.
- Minimum of five years clinical work experience.
- Experience working in an integrated care setting and/or working
with primary care providers Specialized training and experience in
- Able to effectively translate principles of IECMH interventions
to the medical home setting.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to multitask during consultations (in order to
accurately record consult data and outcomes).Licensure,
certification, and/or registration: Licensed by Virginia by the
Board of Medicine as a clinical psychologist or by the Board of
Psychology as a Psychologist (Clinical)Life Support: N/AOther
Minimum Qualifications: Meets credentialing requirements. Ability
to work cooperatively and professionally with physicians and other
health care providers. Must have a commitment to continuing
education.About CarilionThis is Carilion Clinic ...An organization
where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are
valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on
progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always
learning, never discouraged and forever curious.Headquartered in
Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning
hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of
Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices,
and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research
Institute.Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new
discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a
place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good.
Make your tomorrow with us.Requisition Number: 141970 Employment
Status: Full time Location: Carilion Childrens Tanglewood Center
Shift: Day Shift Details: Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30 pm
(Hybrid)Recruiter: ROBERT J WAY Recruiter Phone: 540-224-5189
Recruiter Email: email@example.comFor more information,
contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.Equal Opportunity
EmployerMinorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityCarilion Clinic is a
drug-free workplace.Please see job descriptionPI229110353
Keywords: Carilion Clinic, Roanoke , Clinical Psychologist - Early Childhood, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!