System Pharmacy Director
Company: Carilion Clinic
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Job Summary The System Pharmacy Director provides leadership and direction for the scope and magnitude of pharmacy services throughout the Carilion Clinic, and is accountable for development, implementation, planning and ongoing management of the optimal pharmaceutical care provided throughout Carilion Clinic. The System Pharmacy Director oversees, guides, directs and manages all pharmacy programs but acts as a liaison with the Senior Director for the retail pharmacies, throughout Carilion Clinic, and collaborates with peers across all levels of care to insure optimal medication management for our patients.
- Responsible for all aspects of Carilion Clinic Pharmacy Services: Planning, developing, communicating, implementing and maintaining the mission, vision, and strategic goals and objectives of Pharmacy Services across the organization.
- Consistently delivers the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrates respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees.
- Champions Carilion's mission, vision and values; complies with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the Clinic in all related areas including:
- Financial, General Operations, and Business Development
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Informatics and Technology
- System Medication Use
- Education and Research
- Accountability and Improvement
- Compliance Based in Roanoke Virginia, we offer compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach programs. Join and guide a team of caring individuals who embrace and reflect our values---commUNITY, courage, commitment, compassion, and curiosity---in all that we do. And realize the advantages of professional stability, strong technological resources, and true advancement potential. Minimum Qualifications Education: Must be a graduate of a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE). PharmD, MS, MHA or MBA required. Experience: Ten years pharmacy experience and five years of supervisory or management experience is required. A mixture of retail and hospital pharmacy experience is preferred. Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Licensed to practice Pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Eligibility and completion of reciprocity for licensure in the state of Virginia within six months may be acceptable. Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be knowledgeable in the laws and regulations of the Virginia Board of Pharmacy and Federal Drug Regulations and Law.
- Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of retail pharmacy practice and the detailed and multi-faceted aspects of the position - preferred.
- Knowledgeable in pharmacy benefit design and plans.
- Work requires knowledge of general office equipment and procedures, including computer and keyboard skills.
- Must be able to effectively budget time, work efficiently and accurately, and follow procedures with minimum supervision.
- Must possess good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess effective leadership skills.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Our Values Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members: CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones. Courage: Doing what's right for our patients without question. Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service. Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do. Curiosity:Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 23461 Employment Status: Full time Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital Shift: Day Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, other hours if necessary Recruiter: ROBERT J WAY Recruiter Phone: Recruiter Email:
ABOUT CARILION: As a not-for-profit organization, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees and the communities we serve.
Our employees strive to provide quality care in serving over 1 million residents in Virginia while living and growing their careers in the country's most livable cities and towns.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic is a robust system of small and large award-winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Carilion Clinic, Roanoke , System Pharmacy Director, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!