New Grad RN PCU Fellowship Program
Company: Carilion Clinic
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job Summary **This posting is for Summer 2018 or previous New Graduates** Carilion Clinic is home to extraordinary nurses providing extraordinary care. We are a community-based organization where sharp minds, caring hearts and advanced technology come together for one reason: each patient. Welcome to the next phase of your rewarding nursing career. Welcome to Carilion Clinic, an organization of comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices and other complementary services. Our affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions provide additional opportunities for research and education. Joining us, you can expect supportive leadership, inter-professional teamwork, state-of-the-art technology, extensive training and innovative learning, and advancement potential. Based in western Virginia, we inspire better health through compassionate care, medical education and research and neighborhood outreach. Note the worthy advantages of supportive leadership, state-of-the-art technological resources, inter-professional teams, innovative learning, and advancement potential. Our progressive care specialty units bridge the gap between intensive care units and medical-surgical units. The Progressive Care R.N. Fellowship program was designed to promote sound competency, professional development, nursing engagement and mentorship. Candidates are eligible for the fellowship upon successful completion of the R.N. Residency Program. We are preparing our nurses for the health care challenges of today, tomorrow and beyond. Progressive care nursing is an integral part of Carilion nursing. In keeping with our mission to provide high-quality, patient-centered care, Carilion Clinic has established a unique Progressive Care R.N. Fellowship Program. Through extensive orientation and educational opportunities that go beyond a set of essential core nursing competencies, we help prepare our nurses for opportunities in three different tracks: Clinical, leadership or education. Program Highlights:
- New Grad Residency program for new graduate nurses or nurses with one year or less of bedside experience
- Preceptor and/or mentor support available
- Certification preparation materials available
- Certification-associated bonus program
- LPN support role for PCU
- Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) Minimum Qualifications Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college or graduate of an approved program eligible to sit for the VA licensure exam. Experience: None. Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure. Obtain CPR, and as needed ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications. Other: Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC). Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Meet essential job functions. Our Values Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members: CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones. Courage: Doing what's right for our patients without question. Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service. Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do. Curiosity:Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 24846 Employment Status: Full time Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital Shift: Variable Hours Shift Details: D/E/N/EOW Recruiter: EMILY L HICKS Recruiter Phone: Recruiter Email:
ABOUT CARILION: As a not-for-profit organization, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees and the communities we serve.
Our employees strive to provide quality care in serving over 1 million residents in Virginia while living and growing their careers in the country's most livable cities and towns.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic is a robust system of small and large award-winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Carilion Clinic, Roanoke , New Grad RN PCU Fellowship Program, Healthcare , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!