Company: Commonwealth Senior Living
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job ID: 2021-10337
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Commonwealth Senior Living at Christiansburg
Do you want to be the "eyes" and "ears" of our community? Do you
want to know all the resident gossip? Do you want to be the first
person to recognize something that needs to be addressed? Consider
joining us! Our housekeeping team is the best! They work together
to clean our residents' rooms and make it feel like their home. The
daily tasks include vacuuming, mopping, dusting disinfecting, and
sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and pictures, and collecting
all trash. The housekeeper also assists in setting up the dining
room, activity room, and living room as necessary.A housekeeper's
keen eye is critical in observing the community daily and reporting
any needed repairs or other issues. This position often grows into
other opportunities at our communities through direct care of our
residents. This position could be your first step in becoming a
nurse or an executive! Team members can pursue a nursing education
and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for
education and providing training! Start your career with
Commonwealth Senior Living! Commonwealth Senior Living is a
recognized leader in senior living, employing around 2,000
associates, and is a two consecutive year recipient of the Great
Place to Work certification!Commonwealth Senior Living requires
COVID vaccination for all employees.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions with established
procedures as assigned.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing,
- Clean and polish any furnishings in hallways and, if
applicable, in stairways and elevator.
- Clean resident rooms, to include vacuuming, mopping, dusting
disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and
- Collect all trash from rooms, offices, lounges, and bathrooms
- Clean walls, windows and baseboards by washing, wiping off,
dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Keep all
windows, cabinets, doors, and mirrors smudge-free and clean.
- Assist in setting up dining room, activity room, and living
room as necessary.
- Report any needed repairs to maintenance personnel or
- Keep all housekeeping equipment, storage areas, janitor's
closets, and housekeeping carts clean and uncluttered, and free of
any hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.
- Respond to residents' needs as requested.
- Launder community linens as needed.
- Inform Maintenance Director of all supply needs in a timely
- Report all accidents/ incidents to the Administrator on the day
of occurrence, along with important resident observations.
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed as closely as
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information
to ensure resident rights are protected; honor residents' personal
- Other duties as assigned
Keywords: Commonwealth Senior Living, Roanoke , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Christiansburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!