Hotel Guest Service Agent (Night Shift)
Company: The Liberty Trust
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary:The Hotel Night Auditor is
responsible for knowing all the procedures and processes of the
hotel (including all operational, accounting, reservations, and
guest service procedures) and monitoring them for normal function
and catching any discrepancies. The Night Auditor position is
responsible for the safekeeping of our guests and the hotel
overnight, along with taking reservations, checking in and
responding to requests and concerns from guests, auditing and
balancing all in-house guest accounts, and maintaining the
cleanliness and appearance of the lobby. This is a service oriented
position and requires outstanding interpersonal communication
skills, friendly professionalism, and the ability to remain calm in
an emergency. This position has cash control and accounting
- Answer phones including taking reservations and directing calls
- Welcome guests upon arrival and help them with any overnight
- Check-in and register guests, including collecting contact info
and confirming their dates of stay, and making sure they are
assigned to an appropriate room and given keys.
- Make sure that all end of day/shift tasks for prior shifts are
- Make sure wake up calls are in place.
- Balance the cash drawer and make sure that previous shifts were
in balance and all payments collected.
- Reconcile Front Desk beverage inventory.
- Audit all in-house guest accounts making sure all charges are
posted and that appropriate credit cards have been authorized for
the correct amount. Correct any errors as needed.
- Confirm that all credits issued are correct and note the reason
on the night audit report.
- Monitor Property Management System for errors and discrepancies
and correct as needed.
- Monitor the cancellations in the past 24 hours; confirm all
cancellation policies were followed and note discrepancies on the
night audit report.
- Monitor all new bookings in the past 24 hours; read all
comments and note any anomalies in the night audit report.
- Assign rooms, prepare keys and print registration cards for
next day's arrivals.
- Note any special requests on the next day's arrivals and
communicate to next Front Desk shift
- Double check all registration cards in bucket making sure that
they are properly checked into the system.
- Process No Shows correctly and note on the night audit
- Reconcile and run Night Audit and End of Day Reports using the
night audit checklist as a guide, including closing and processing
credit card batches.
- Periodically walk the premises to make sure there are no
security, maintenance, or other issues.
- Assist guests with local information, restaurant
recommendations, directions, and other concierge services.
- Check guests out making sure that payments are captured
- Respond to guest concerns and requests in a timely and
professional manner, alerting management of any complaints via
email or a call if it is urgent or an emergency.
- Maintain and execute sanitation schedule for keys, pens,
workstations, lobby touchpoints, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The Company reserves the
right to add or change at any time. Required Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of local area attractions, restaurants, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent math and basic accounting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of emergency procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
environment. Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year Night Auditor or equivalent experience
preferred Physical Requirements:
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time at front desk
- Able to climb stairs and assist guests with luggage
- Able to walk hallways and perimeter of property
- Able to twist, bend and reach
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds Competitive Compensation and
Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance along with
401(k) plan . We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
workplace. This is a position which will require work on weekends,
nights and holidays. Please, no phone calls about this job!EOE/AA.
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or
Keywords: The Liberty Trust, Roanoke , Hotel Guest Service Agent (Night Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!