Laundry Worker, Peaks of Otter Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring
seasonal Laundry Workers to join our team at Peaks of Otter Lodge
in Bedford, Virginia. This is a great position for anyone
detail-oriented who enjoys working independently and takes pride in
their work. This position does not begin until April 2023 Minimum
pay rate: $14.50 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesSome locations may implement a
vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal,
state, or local law. Responsibilities
- Operating and tending the machines including to wash and dry
articles, such as cloth, terry, sheets, blankets, draperies,
linens, rugs, and carpets ensuring the proper volume of detergent,
water, bleach, starch, and other additives as needed.
- Sorting and counting articles removed from dryers, then fold,
wrap, or hang them.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the laundry
closet; washing, drying, sorting, and counting the linens; folding
and restocking the linens in an efficient manner.
- Operate extractors, dyers and blower fans as needed.
- Inspect soiled articles to determine sources of stains, to
locate color imperfections, and to identify items requiring special
- Determine spotting procedures and proper solvents, based on
fabric and stain types.
- Iron or press articles, fabrics, banquet linens, napkins, spa
linen using hand irons or pressing machines.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding Housemen needs for linens
on the floors/cottages.
- Track and record all loads washed and dried using provided
spreadsheet to calculate productivity. Record loss of linens due to
stains, tears and wear. Qualifications
- Laundry worker experience in a hotel or other high-volume
- Basic math skills.
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with
guests and team.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment. Physical
- Working environment is inside and surrounded by commercial
grade washers and dryers and other various laundry service
- Temperatures will vary depending on weather and how many
machines are in operation at any given time.
- Frequent standing, bending, walking, and lifting required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Who We Are Peaks of Otter
Lodge is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains one of the region's
top hiking destinations. At Delaware North, you'll love where you
work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Roanoke , Laundry Worker, Peaks of Otter Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...