Executive Sous Chef
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: August 15, 2019
BASIC FUNCTION: The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for
assisting the Executive Chef with the overall food service,
throughout the property, and providing the optimal service possible
while operating within predetermined budgetary limitations.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK
* Associate degree in culinary arts or equivalent
* Minimum five (5) years culinary management experience in a high
volume, first class hotel/resort or restaurant.
* Experience supervising a team of twenty or more employees.
* Understanding of theory and methods behind food prep and
* Positive attitude, creative, innovative and assertive
* Excellent communication skills, in delegating, training, and
sanitation. Lead by example with work ethic, leadership.
* Be a Leader - Thinks globally taking ownership of department's
vision, high expectations on quality and presentation, productivity
and food cost controls
* Advanced knowledge of banquet operations in hospitality
environment, supervision and staffing for all kitchen areas and
* Maintain an adequate supply of all food, paper & sundry supplies
used in the execution of all food related events.
* Ensure all purchases are made using the specifications set by the
Executive Chef making appropriate recommendations when
specification changes are warranted.
* Inspect all storage areas to insure that the best sanitation
possible is maintained and that all equipment is functioning
* Assure that sufficient quantities of pre-prepared items are
available to meet projected demands and are stored in a manner,
which increases their usefulness, as well as maintain quality.
* Ensure all cost control measures and recipe standards are in
place and maintained with full SOP procedures documented and
* Advanced knowledge of menu engineering and conceptual techniques
related to creativity, trends, dietary and budgetary
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, working closely
with sales team effectively in idea generation, guiding and
executing their needs.
* Select menu recipes which offer a product that illustrates
maximum impact on presentation, taste and nutritional balance while
meeting cost control standards.
* Consistently monitor performance levels, promoting a cohesive
teamwork environment, mentoring and delegating effectively with
sous chefs and team leaders
* Responsible for maintaining adequate training programs for
* Prepare teammate performance reviews under the guidance of
* Inventory excess production for use on menu or conversion into
* Responsible for the sanitation of all food preparation and
storage areas and equipment.
* Inspect all equipment for proper maintenance and report
deficiencies to Engineering.
* Ensure that requests and specifications in the function sheets
are provided on a timely basis.
* Assist Executive Chef in writing the schedules
* Maintain Ecosure standards per inspections and training manual,
line checks, temp logs, labeling, cooling log, food log etc
* Be responsible for and maintain a high level of cleanliness,
sanitation and organization at all times including uniform and
* Constantly coordinate with room supervisors so that production is
scheduled as reservations dictate.
* Perform other related duties as requested by the Executive
* Make profit improvement recommendations to the Executive
* Practice safety standards and report any unsafe conditions to the
* Responsible for care of equipment.
* Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all
WHAT WE ARE:
* 330 Room Hotel and Conference Center with over 60, 000 sq. feet
of meeting space.
* Located in Roanoke, VA.
WHY WORK FOR US:
* Awesome Employee Events & Recognition
* Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
* Medical Benefits
* Employee Travel Program
* Employee purchase plans and many other awesome perks!
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Roanoke , Executive Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!