EHS Technical Trainer
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Nourish the world and your
career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.Our Nutrition
business develops science-based nutrition products for people of
all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult
bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count
on our leading brands - including Similac--, PediaSure--,
Pedialyte--, Ensure--, Glucerna-- and ZonePerfect-- - to help get
the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life. Our location
in Altavista VA currently has an opportunity for an EHS Technical
Trainer. This site is Abbott's largest Nutrition manufacturing
plant in the world. But working here, you'll feel part of a family
- a family of 650+ that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with site EHS to determine site / departmental training
needs and develop associated training programs. This includes
evaluating compliance regulations and interpreting how they affect
the site operation.
- Support EHS in monitoring and assessing compliance to technical
standards, site / departmental safety rules and OSHA
- Remain current on new and / or updated regulations and train
new and existing team members on updates as needed.
- Develop and execute comprehensive training plans to close any
identified EHS gaps. This includes the development of
sustainability plans as needed for EHS training.
- Conduct needed train-the-trainer sessions to allow other site
employees to assist with safety training as needed. External
certification may be required prior to conducting train-the-trainer
- Adjust existing training programs for improved delivery and
- Deliver and / or coordinate safety training for team members to
include periodic assessments of ongoing skills and demonstrated
- Provide SME insight and support in updates to safety related
training materials as periodic reviews occur.
- Responsible for the development of instructional
- Educate new team members on their roles and responsibilities
regarding workplace safety.
- Partner with site EHS to ensure implementation and training
compliance with site safety training programs.
- Provide input to the Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for new
equipment and equipment upgrades at the site and ensure JHAs are
incorporated into the on-the-job training (OJT) process. Partner
with site Technical Training Specialists to monitor and track
safety related OJT.
- Address team member concerns related to safety training.
- Support EHS in ensuring that the site training processes are
followed and adhered to by site personnel.
- Ensure periodic safety assessments on critical tasks are
complete and documented with any action items outlined for
- Develop and track any needed safety training metrics.
- Ensure compliance with Site, Division, and Corporate Training
and EHS policies. Ensure safety training records remain audit
ready. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum 2 years of industrial experience Preferred
- Higher education and experience in industrial safety preferred
WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into
a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: Follow your career aspirations to
Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the
growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Roanoke , EHS Technical Trainer, Human Resources , Altavista, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!