Human Resources Specialist, Front Desk
Company: Snowshoe Mountain
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain
Resort in Snowshoe, West VirginiaSeasonal (Seasonal)
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what
they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be
at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core
Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and
most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences
for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing
authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can
all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At
Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself.
Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at
14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades
Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as
Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast
skiers, snowboarders, and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of
skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow
around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures,
beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs...what's
important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other
and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
This position acts as an information source for employees with
routine HR and general resort-related questions. Daily management
of all employee information by using a variety of most recent HRIS
(Workday). Responsible for all employee paperwork and information
data entry, file upkeep and accuracy. Oversight of HRIS data entry
for Snowshoe Mountain and Spirits business divisions and
operations. Is the first point of contact and general information
for Snowshoe /Alterra Seasonal Perks & Benefits including AMC/IKON
passes, friends and family, and all other related programs.
Familiar or able to become familiar with federal, state and company
employment rules and regulations to ensure that they are
administered and enforced fairly and properly. Maintains a
positive, upbeat, and professional attitude dealing with guests to
the executive offices and human resources. Works with a spirit of
excellence. Able to provide support in other HR disciplines
including Training (employee orientations), employee
engagement(recognition events, employee appreciation dinners,
etc.), Payroll & Benefits, and Recruiting as needed.
This position is responsible for the following job results.
- Assists with onboarding process by supporting with making job
offers, sending pre-employment enrollment information, and
- Providing Office Support to Human Resources and the Admin
- Operating office equipment
- Print Season Passes/AMC using RTP
- Daily processing of employee paperwork and processes for
onboarding and off boarding by using current HRIS system, E-Verify,
and RTP in accordance with the standard operating procedures
manual. Check for completeness and consistency of wages, status,
and job titles. Contact supervisors with any discrepancies.
- Ensures all employment paperwork filing is up to date both
physically and electronically. Conducts audits and ensures file
retention is within legal regulations.
- Ensures all I-9 filing is up to date, and within regulations.
Assists with annual audit.
- Screening calls, activating voice mail, and ensuring HR phone
- Taking accurate and thorough messages and referring calls to
alternate sources where appropriate
- Greeting, professionally and welcoming, while routing
employees/guests to the Human Resources / Executive Offices
- Filing and handling Confidential Information
- Exercising preventive maintenance, troubleshooting
malfunctions, and calling for repairs
- Supporting the Employee Engagement Survey process and
- Assisting employee and guest with accurate and timely
- Maintaining Department Professionalism
- Following policies/procedures regarding noise/mingling at
reception area and maintaining proper dress code.
- Maintaining good working relationships with all
- Developing and continuing excellent communications
- Achieving Work Objectives
- Prioritizing projects and assignments with little or no
- Contributing to team effort
- Accomplishing related results as needed
- Manages paperwork efficiently, effectively and in a
- Responsible for personnel file room organization and
maintaining records in current status
- Demonstrate good judgement when addressing in person, phone, or
- Focuses on relevant issues while effectively coping with
- Maintains a respected and trusted member of the team and
demonstrates professional behavior on an influential and highly
- Responsible for monitoring activity in the Fresh Service
ticketing system, reviewing reports to ensure service levels are
being met, and ensuring opportunities to improve are identified and
communicated to functional leaders.
- Identifies risks or opportunities and recommends changes to
processes to improve the delivery of HR services to the
- Increase the efficiency of department function by creating new
tools, processes and procedures and enhancing HR business
- Assisting & supporting front line staff, especially during peak
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Valid Driver's License required
High level understanding of HRIS system concepts from a function
and technical perspective
Extremely organized and detail-oriented with the ability to shift
priorities as needed
Proven skill at handling stressful issues and interfacing with all
levels of the business in a courteous and professional manner
Ability to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple
Demonstrated independent problem solver
Highly collaborative team player
Must demonstrate a customer first mindset, be self-driven,
motivated to help
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 1 year of previous administrative field skills and
computer skills of word processing, Microsoft Teams, Excel, and
Workday, Kronos and/or other HRIS experience preferred.
- Understands business complexities and assumes responsibility
for driving change
- Leads employees or teams of employees to achieve goals
- Guides employees through periods of change, even during
difficult times or in the face of hard business decisions
- Exhibits honesty, integrity in an environment of mutual respect
and trust, core values, reliability
- Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new
and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside
- Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being
engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that
others have not
- Inspires, motivates, develops, energizes, and creates engaged
employees, with a solid record of employee retention
- Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the
- Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and
safety of self, business, and inherent risks through
- Communicates clearly and appropriately - both orally and in
- Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
- Conducts regular one-on-one and departmental meetings to ensure
a good flow of information
- Recognizes and rewards the achievement of his/her team and
others; Ensures thank-you' s are delivered
- All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a
high level of guest service in a friendly manner
- Proficient in use of technology to include Excel, Word, the
Internet, desktop publishing and database management software
programs. Can learn quickly those applications not known.
- Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as
well as delivering good results that help the business overall
- Delivers highly accurate end-work product personally and
through overseeing others
- Able to analyze numbers and draw conclusions from statistical
- Meets or exceeds financial goals, budgets, forecasts
- Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also
willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when
- Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a
service level that exceed our guests' expectations
- Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances
across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits
willingness to change
- Adjusts budgets and reforecasts as needed across the year based
on changing business needs
- Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed,
and will lobby others to change when necessary
- Inspires a unified team through understanding was/is required
for successful, cooperative, and fun team success
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including
cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required
to comply with the Driver's Standards Policy. This policy also
applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles
for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+
miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the
Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not - please contact
your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices, and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Associated topics: clubhouse, front
desk, guest, inn, kings, lodge, luggage attendant, mason, plaza,
Keywords: Snowshoe Mountain, Roanoke , Human Resources Specialist, Front Desk, Human Resources , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!