Field Service Engineer
Company: Hamilton Storage Technologies
Posted on: April 9, 2021
A career with Hamilton Storage ("HST") is an experience where
our employees are energized and are aligned to provide the best in
storage automation as well as automated bench top devices. Hamilton
Storage, the subsidiary of Hamilton Company is an innovative
manufacturer and distributer of robotic freezers and benchtop
devices to support laboratory automation. We are seeking a Field
Service Engineer I based near Franklin, Massachusetts. Hamilton
Storage is a leading developer and manufacturer of products that
service the Pharmaceutical, Research, and Agricultural industries.
Our customers range from renowned institutions and government
laboratories, to the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology
and clinical research organizations. With operations in Franklin,
Massachusetts and Ems Switzerland we sell and service our products
through a combination of direct and distribution channels to
customers around the world. The Opportunity: The Field Service
Engineer I is a dual role splitting installation duties with a
secondary role of field service when systems are not being
installed. Field Service work is local while the installations are
across the globe. Past travel has been to Switzerland, Iceland,
Australia, Norway, Germany, and all over the United States. The
Installation Role Overview:
- With a team of three and three weeks onsite.
- Building of freezer walls.
- Installation of freezer nests.
- Mechanical Automation Build.
- Start the electrical runs.
- Daily updates, Keep the back office team apprised of
- Return Home
- First week home perform Field Service Engineer day trips as
- After the first week and before the next installation perform
overnight Field Service Engineer trips as needed.
- One week prior to next installation, Field Service trips as
needed. The Field Service Role:
- Hands-on troubleshoot at the component, assembly, and system
- Perform corrections and repairs.
- Perform routine Preventative Maintenance.
- Perform installations of smaller scale equipment as
- Utilize a variety of electronic and/or mechanical test
- Complete and submit paperwork and expenses in a timely
- Communicate with the customer to ensure complete satisfaction
and implement any necessary corrective actions.
- Interface with cross-functional work teams such as R&D,
Customer Service, Product Management, Manufacturing, and
- Follow company's ISO and Health and Safety procedures.
- Utilizes CRM to input and capture all service activity and
create service reports.
- Provide feedback to Hamilton HQ on recommendations for system
reliability improvements. Essential Skills and Experience:
- High level of self motivation to assist customers, sales, and
service people to overcome any problems that they may have which
relate to our instruments in a timely manner.
- Be able to stay positive and not be discouraged by scrutiny and
- Comfortable in confined spaces and still able to be aware of
- Comfortable working around live and wired systems.
- Able to read schematics and assembly drawings.
- Have excellent communication skills, which are appropriate for
a customer-facing role.
- Be hardworking and enthusiastic with exceptional attention to
- Be able to make decisions and act for customers based on
knowledge and experience.
- Able to work independently with limited direction as well as in
- Be capable of working under pressure without compromise.
- Must have the ability to manage and meet schedule
- Must be able to travel frequently and be flexible, subject to
- Willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to
work overtime as and when required.
- Position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Experience /
- High School diploma and equivalent professional
- Experience in automation or similar is a plus. Experience
working with customers in the life science/clinical/pharmaceutical
field would also be an advantage. It is the policy of this
organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national
origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of
the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations. Apply Now with our quick 3
minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is your full name?
First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type
What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Hamilton Storage Technologies, Roanoke , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Franklin, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!