Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: April 8, 2021
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Remote Work from Home or Onsite in Franklin, WI-- Primary Duties &
- Implements holistic solutions utilizing working relationships
across the enterprise.
- Designs, organizes, and executes high impact solutions across
teams both within and outside their division.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares enterprise standards and
- Mentors and guides junior engineers within respective
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause
analysis is executed for their products
- Solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought
to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Leads technology solutions with notable risk and complexity;
develops the strategy for solution execution Knowledge, Skills,
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of professional experience required
- 5-8+ years of experience leading teams using modern engineering
tools, languages, and practices.
- Financial Services experience in delivering technology
solutions for Policy Administration (New Business, Servicing,
Claims) systems across Life/Annuity/DI/LTC Insurance Products is
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering
significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile
- Expert for the organization in one or more technologies.
- Mentor for the team
- Successfully deals with ambiguity.
- Recognized as the go-to expert within the division or
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and
non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to
adopt a different point of view
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture.
Full Stack Engineer with well rounded skills across front end and
server side programming including DevOps automation and experience
with Cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS.
Preferred list of technology skills:
- DevOps and Build Automation - GitLab CI / Jenkins, Maven,
- Object oriented design patterns, Microservices Architecture,
Event Driven Frameworks and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with API Management Frameworks
- Familiarity with both Batch and Real-time application
- Familiarity with Security Patterns/Frameworks like Secure SDLC,
TLS and Secrets Management
- Familiarity with Containers and Container Management
- Familiarity with Business Rules Management and Document
Management systems Remote Work from Home or Onsite in Franklin,
WI-- This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining
Agreement. Required Certifications: Grow your career with a
best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the
center of all we do. Get started now!-- We are an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 29 Days Ago Full time JR-17514 About Us At Northwestern
Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives
and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160
years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people
choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual. What started in
Milwaukee, WI has grown into 7,000+ home office professionals split
across 3 campuses: New York City, Franklin and downtown Milwaukee
(HQ) - each one bringing with it its own unique talent and culture.
In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the
most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern
Mutual as we are growing our digital and tech capabilities and are
always on the lookout for bright, tech-savvy candidates.
Northwestern Mutual is proud to be an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We have chosen to build a diverse and
inclusive workplace where talented people from all backgrounds want
to be, want to stay, and want to build their future. We celebrate
and support our differences for the benefit of our employees, our
products, and our community. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Roanoke , Lead Full Stack Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Franklin, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!