Lobby/Public Space Attendant
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion,
courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary
offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of
providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? A NEW
place to expand your knowledge and utilize your abilities? Join us
at the Roanoke Valley's premier, four diamond, Hotel Roanoke &
Conference Center! Discover our beautiful, historic hotel at
Inspiring ways to "Be the Difference" with every guest and employee
interaction. We've created a place where YOU feel at home with an
excellent working environment that encourages our "Be the
We provide benefits for all Full-time employees such as; Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term
disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance. Generous PTO
plans and Holiday Pay. Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program
is available to ALL employees as well as discounted hotel rates
under two different hotel travel plans.
Think this sounds like a fit for you? Apply now---we would love to
have you on our team!
Job Description Summary:
You have a passion for cleaning and making things shine!
The Public Area Cleaner is responsible for cleaning and maintaining
designated areas of the hotel and responding to guest requests in a
Position is full time and Shift is 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. You should
be flexible to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Starting pay is $9.09 per hour with an increase at 90 days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* Previous Housekeeping and/or Janitorial experience required.
Preference given to previous hotel housekeeping experience.
* Ability to work with housekeeping machinery and to work on your
feet for extended periods of time.
* Ability to communicate effectively with guests & co-workers.
* Ability to work on your own with limited supervision but can stay
on task to complete required duties.
WHAT THE JOB DOES:
* Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms,
public areas, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms.
* Perform tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and
polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping,
shampooing carpets, washing windows, cleaning/waxing floors,
removing and disposing of trash and emptying outdoor ashtrays.
* Greet guests in a friendly manner.
* Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair.
* Stock and maintain supply rooms, as needed.
* Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example:
mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed.
* Deliver guest requests and assist in cleaning guest rooms, as
* Perform other related duties as requested by Manager.
WHAT WE ARE:
* 330 Room Hotel and Conference Center with over 60, 000 sq. feet
of meeting space.
* Located in Roanoke, VA.
WHY WORK FOR US:
* Awesome Employee Events & Recognition
* Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
* Medical Benefits
* Employee Travel Program (discounted hotel rates)
* Employee purchase plans and many other Great Perks!
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Roanoke , Lobby/Public Space Attendant, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!