Audio Visual Attendant - On Call
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion,
courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary
offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of
providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? A NEW
place to expand your knowledge and utilize your abilities? Join us
at the Roanoke Valley's premier, four diamond, Hotel Roanoke &
Conference Center! Discover our beautiful, historic hotel at
Inspiring ways to "Be the Difference" with every guest and employee
interaction. We've created a place where YOU feel at home with an
excellent working environment that encourages our "Be the
We provide benefits for all Full-time employees such as; Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term
disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance. Generous PTO
plans and Holiday Pay. Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program
is available to ALL employees as well as discounted hotel rates
under two different hotel travel plans.
Think this sounds like a fit for you? Apply now---we would love to
have you on our team!
Job Description Summary:
You have a passion for technology and serving people by creating
extraordinary experiences through genuine hospitality and superior
service to our guests!
The A.V. Technician is responsible for the basic to advanced
set-up, operation and tear down of all audio visual equipment used
by the Hotel and corporate clients. The A.V. Tech position will
begin to focus towards mastering the Audio, Video or Lighting side
of the AV industry, while maintaining a general working knowledge
of each of the other two areas. Position is part time/on-call.
Shift will vary based upon needs. You should be flexible to work
weekends and holidays as needed.
Starting pay is $12.88 per hour.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* Must have at least 6 months of production background in any of
the following: theater, sound, video, photography and or
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Ability to communicate effectively with meeting planners,
trainers and corporate executives.
* Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and
Excel. Prefer knowledge of PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal
* Previous guest services experience.
* Ability to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
* Must be able to work variable hours, including weekends and
* Familiarity with basic office equipment, including fax and copy
WHAT THE JOB DOES:
* Set-up audio/visual equipment in meeting rooms according to
clients needs. This requires lifting an average of 20-30 lbs. to a
height of 36-50 inches with occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. to
a height of 6 feet.
* Set-up includes: Build scaffolding for projectors, erecting large
projection screens and pipe and drape. Taping cords to floor and
along walls requiring bending and kneeling. Climbing ladders to a
height of 16 feet to hang banners and adjust lighting. Carrying of
equipment up to 75 lbs. to and from meeting rooms.
* Operation of all audio/visual equipment. Requiring working
knowledge of video and audio equipment, computers, projectors,
cameras, telephones to include hook-up and trouble-shooting.
* Operation of equipment may require long periods of standing or
kneeling in one place (operating cameras or spotlights).
* Climbing scaffold and ladders and ability to maintain balance
while performing audio/visual duties.
* Maintaining equipment and inventory.
* Requires: Ability to read and count.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
* Good manual dexterity needed for repair and cleaning of equipment
(use of hand tools, soldering iron, etc.).
* Administrative duties include: Good telephone skills, ability to
work directly with clients.
* Ability to read several weeks worth of contracts, tracking the
use of equipment, analyzing the best use of equipment and ensuring
an adequate inventory of needed equipment.
* Basic typing skills.
* Basic office skills.
* The flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels
and industry demand (hotel is open 7 days a week).
* Build and maintain a good relationship with our clients. Work as
a team with all other Hotel departments.
* Assist Conference Concierge with duties to include; answer
telephones, light typing, counting change, operation of copiers and
general assistance with guests' conference needs.
* Requires good verbal communication skills, manual dexterity,
ability to cheerfully handle several requests at one time.
* Assist Conference Services staff in set-up, tear down and
refreshing of meeting rooms.
* Requires ability to lift 35 lb. arms chairs, lift and carry
tables weighing up to 70 lbs, pushing and pulling heavy carts,
ability to stoop, bend and kneel.
* Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Manager. Assist in
keeping the Conference Center clean and orderly.
WHAT WE ARE:
* 330 Room Hotel and Conference Center with over 60, 000 sq. feet
of meeting space.
* Located in Roanoke, VA.
WHY WORK FOR US:
* Awesome Employee Events & Recognition
* Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
* Medical Benefits for full time employees
* Employee Travel Program (discounted hotel rates)
* Employee purchase plans and many other Great Perks!
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Roanoke , Audio Visual Attendant - On Call, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!