Machinist I - 2nd shift
Location: Stuarts Draft
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Rexnord-- is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 7,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit .
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make our communities better with individual and
organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships
and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market
and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components
worldwide used within complex systems where our customers'
reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are
extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services
that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key
industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy,
and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN
(pronounced "Direction"), based on the integration of innovative
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies
with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects
our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize
productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.
Set up, operate, and adjust various types of manual or automatic
machines under minimal supervision.
- Set up, operate, and adjust various conventional or automatic
machines such as Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) machines.
- Set up all tools, fixtures, and controls for each new job.
- Work from drawings and written instructions to create
replacement and new parts in making repairs to metal parts as well
as for experimental apparatus or prototype equipment.
- Read and modify programs by making necessary offsets for CNC
- Report variations in program sequences, positioning, cycle
- Adjust machine to control part dimensions.
- Inspect in-process pieces to ensure parts are to specification
or blue prints.
- Edit and prove out programs to meet or exceed customer
- Communicate internally with contacts outside the work group to
exchange work related information.
- Perform activities planned by others.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with Rexnord
policies, 5S procedures, and in line with Rexnord core values.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be
challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Experience and Skill Required
- 1 to 3 years CNC Machinist experience preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: Rexnord, Roanoke , Machinist I - 2nd shift, Other , Stuarts Draft, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!