Facility Operator- Part Time
Company: Aqua America, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that
water is a precious resource - one that plays a critical role in
sustaining life. That's why we take seriously our mission:
protecting and providing Earth's most essential resource. At Aqua,
we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of
our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within
our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united
by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best
we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential
Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua
uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent
to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and
responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our
team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua? We have a great
opportunity for a Facility Operator. This role is under the
direction of the Field Supervisor and will perform a variety of
activities to support the operation of water production facilities,
wastewater treatment facilities, lift stations, booster stations,
distribution system, and the wastewater collection system.
- Maintains equipment at the assigned water production facilities
and booster stations.
- Operates and maintains distribution systems including mains,
valves, hydrants and service lines.
- Maintains equipment at the wastewater treatment facilities and
- Operates and maintains sewer collection systems including
collections mains and pump stations.
- Troubleshoots and repairs service piping and other related
- Performs routine water quality analysis in accordance with
established processes and procedures.
- Makes operational adjustments as needed to comply with state
and federal water quality standards.
- Adjusts chemical treatment to ensure water quality meets
standards. Calculates various ratios and dosages.
- Completes customer service work orders, updates and maintains
appropriate system documentation of activities and closes work
orders in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Performs all tasks safely, professionally and in accordance
with company policies and procedures as well as local, state and
federal laws, rules and guidelines.
- Assists with other tasks or projects as assigned
- A high school diploma, GED or the equivalent
- A valid U.S. Driver's License
- Commuter Vehicle will be provided for work purposes only
- Class 4 Water license preferred
- Candidate will be required to successfully pass either a Water
or Wastewater license general examination within 18 months of
employment per the Career Progression Schedule.
- Live within 40 minutes of Roanoke, Bedford or Botetourt
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with computers / tablets and the basic operation of
database, spreadsheet and word processing programs preferred
- Ability to read, understand and accurately follow operating
instructions both written and verbal
- Mathematical ability to perform calculations to determine
various ratios, dosages, volumetric calculations that are required
for the operation of the Wastewater Treatment Plants and Water
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in
- Familiarity with and understanding of the need to prevent
wastewater pollution of area waters
- Understand and maintain plan processes through
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered
Career Progression Schedule:
- Position level will be based on current certification(s)
- FO Trainee - Will be required to get either a Class 4 water or
Class 4 waste water license within 18 months of employment.
- FO I - Minimum license requirement of Class 4 water or Class 4
- FO II - Must meet dual licensing requirements in matrix above
or With COO approval, achieve at least a Class 3 license in either
water or waste water if located in a water or wastewater only
- FO III - Must meet dual licensing requirements of a FO II.,
Minimum license requirement of Class 3 water and Class 3 waste
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- May be subject to extreme temperatures, noise, wet and/or humid
conditions, mechanical, electrical, gas exposure hazards, fumes,
dusts, mists, gases and /or poor ventilation atmospheric
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Working conditions include travel to work sites of Essential
Utilities and/or other constituents. Work vehicle will be
- Must obtain a CDL Class C with Hazmat endorsement within 90
days of hire
- Part time schedule (28 hours per week) with the opportunity to
transition to full time.
- Willing to accommodate a flexible work schedule
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment
opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to the following legally protected
characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions,
including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or
mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information
(including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by
applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from
applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation
during the interview process, please call (1-877-271-9012).
Keywords: Aqua America, Inc., Roanoke , Facility Operator- Part Time, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!