Mortgage Lending Manager
Company: Home Trust Banking Partnership
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Lending Manager oversees lending activities and business
development for the office and/or region, manages Loan Officers to
assist in meeting business lending goals and personal development
growth, and is responsible for the solicitation and origination of
mortgage, real estate related and other bank loan products. This
position counsels borrowers to assist them in acquiring a loan
product appropriate to their circumstances and assesses customer to
find the best options for the customer's needs and makes
appropriate recommendations. The incumbent analyzes the prospective
borrower's income and debt, counsels borrower on credit record or
other problems, and pre-qualifies the borrower.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Oversees office and/or region loan production goals, and
coaches staff to meet goals.
- Responsible for recruiting, onboarding, ongoing effective and
proactive management, development, and leadership of a highly
- Provides staff development opportunities in all lending
compliance and sales areas.
- Originates mortgage and other real estate related loans, as
well as consumer and small business loans.
- Interviews customers and completes detailed loan application
Prequalifies borrowers using standard underwriting
- Counsels customers on home buying and financing process.
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline.
- Works with Loan Processor to facilitate underwriting and
processing phases of loans.
- Answers telephone and written inquiries concerning active loans
and bank loan offerings.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 8+ years of mortgage sales and/or mortgage sales management
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations,
including the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
- Thorough knowledge of all bank consumer lending products.
- Knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements
- Knowledgeable of bank underwriting guidelines for in-house and
secondary market loans.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with builders,
real estate agents, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and
- Skilled professional networker.
- Successful completion of bank training program(s) for lending
(depending on experience and background as a lender).
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations
pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair
About HomeTrust Bank
HomeTrust Bank, founded in 1926, is a North Carolina chartered,
community-focused financial institution committed to providing
value-added community banking through online/mobile channels and
multiple locations in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and
Tennessee. Learn more at www.htb.com. Apply today to take your
first steps towards joining this talented population of employees
within a growing organization.
Work Environment, Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal
employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable
accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, and fax machines.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- Physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting up to 25
lbs., finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions,
talking and hearing are required.
- The employee will frequently communicate and must be able to
exchange accurate information with others.
- The employee may need to move around their office to attend
meetings and to access files, machinery or other job-related
DISCLAIMER: HomeTrust Bank is an evolving company. As such this
job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working
conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed as assigned.
HomeTrust Bank values and promotes diversity and inclusion in
every aspect of our business and at every level within the company.
We recruit, hire, and promote employees based on their individual
ability and experience and in accordance with Affirmative Action
and Equal Employment Opportunity laws and regulations. Our policy
is that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or
mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected
veteran, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Home Trust Banking Partnership, Roanoke , Mortgage Lending Manager, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!