Posted on: July 20, 2021
The QRC AISR Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a
Systems Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA
office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience
helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide
multi-purpose aerial platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Document, decompose, and derive requirements along with
verification and validation (V&V) methods (including
performance metrics) to ensure system performance and safety is
achieved throughout the entire project lifecycle, from conception
- Work with functional teams (e.g. Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Integration Technicians, Pilots, Mission
Operators/Analysts, etc.) to develop and manage system architecture
based on the defined requirements and V&V methods, including
performing trade studies and technical assessments.
- Perform and manage defined V&V methodology throughout the
project, by hosting/attending technical reviews (e.g. System
Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, etc.), reviewing
technical documents (e.g. drawings, plans, reports, etc.), and
managing the technical data package along with Project
Engineering/Management staff for completeness/cohesiveness using
Requirements Verification Traceability (RVTM) methodologies.
- Manage technical risks and mitigations via a Hazard Tracking
System (HTS) based on industry and applicable certification
standards, primarily related to airworthiness and flight
- Collaborate with Project Engineering/Management staff in
regards to schedule, budget, resource, and configuration
- Support the development and maintenance of engineering
processes, including the management of process metrics and support
in quality audits.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (e.g. Aerospace, Mechanical,
etc.) w/ 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with stakeholders,
including the customer and project team.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types,
which may involve kneeling, stooping, and standing.
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance.
- Aerospace background with a technical understanding of or
- Aerodynamic principles and analyses
- Mechanical design, analyses, and test (including static,
dynamic, and fatigue principles)
- Electrical design, analyses, and test (including electrical
power and EMI/EMC principles)
- Aircraft weight and balance (AWBS preferred)
- Airworthiness certification (both civil and military)
- Manufacturing and integration principles (e.g. composite, sheet
metal, and machined parts)
- Safety analyses and risk management (IAW MIL-STD-882E)
- Ground and flight testing
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Critically Analysis (FMECA) and
Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Quality management (of both products and processes)
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Relevant certifications, such as INCOSE, PMP, or Six Sigma
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Roanoke , Systems Engineer, Other , Bridgewater, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!