Occupational Therapist $10,000 Sign On
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: October 12, 2021
The Occupational Therapist in Home
Health is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient
care needs related to functional status, activities of daily
living, fine motor coordination, home assessments and adaptive
equipment, and other occupational therapy needs as defined by
medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the
Occupational Therapist helps to determine a treatment plan,
performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the
patient's well being, and evaluates the patients
Sovah Home Health of
Martinsville, a part of LHC Group, is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared
purpose: It's all about helping
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the
state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members
of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function
by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Keywords: LHC Group, Roanoke , Occupational Therapist $10,000 Sign On, Other , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!