IT System Engineer Senior
Posted on: November 22, 2021
* Location: *
* Date Posted: *2021-11-10
* Category: *Information Technology
* Subcategory: *IT Systems Engineer
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Travel: *Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Minimum Clearance Required: *Interim Secret
* Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: *Top Secret
* Potential for Remote Work: *No
SAIC is hiring an *IT Systems Engineer Senior* to join our team in
* Job Description:*
SAIC is providing key design, installation, and research support to
facilitate a successful implementation of a multilevel security
(MLS) system meant to allow greater collaboration between various
government networks. This project is on the forefront of new
technologies and concepts, and SAIC will design, build, and test
systems meant to challenge the existing paradigm of the Army
enterprise network architecture.
The Systems Engineer will provide installation and management
support to a Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) system at
* Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Install, configure, and test VMware components, Windows and RHEL
operating systems, system services, and endpoint security
supporting an encrypted transport solution.
* Prepare engineering plans and site installation technical design
* Manage storage, identity and access management, and system
* Perform security and IA assessments to include IAVA, IAVM, and
STIG assessments and integration testing and provide
recommendations to improve performance/security.
* Automate configuration management, including modernization of
network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring,
logs, patching, and updates).
* Analyze system designs for risks to data confidentiality,
integrity, and availability.
* Participate in change control board process for controlled and
deliberate system changes.
* Apply process improvement practices for system installation,
patching, and testing.
* Provide technical and/or non-technical systems engineering
support for requirements analysis, configuring, testing,
design/development and deployment of systems and software.
* Install and configure remote site CSfC instantiations based on
* Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; 9 years direct
administration experience can be substituted for degree
* Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements,
regulations, policies, and procedures
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification. Must have any one of
the following certifications or higher:
* Security+, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP
* Experience with Active Directory, Group Policies, and DNS
* Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim
Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be
able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance and upgrade to
the Top Secret clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of
obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified
* Experience with MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL
* Experience with McAfee ePO.
* Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting network
management and auditing tools such as SolarWinds and Splunk.
* Experience troubleshooting, integrating, and/or supporting
multiple computing systems, including Linux platforms, Windows
platforms, ESXi, vCenter, etc.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to
adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be
fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their
first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an
exemption to the vaccination requirement at [Contact
Us](https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have an
approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer
site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence
over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC-- is a premier Fortune 500-- technology integrator driving our
nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of
offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence
markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital,
artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise
and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we
integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our
partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient
solutions that are critical to achieving our customers'
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an [Equal
fostering a respectful work culture based on [diversity, equity,
that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia,
SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more
information, visit [saic.com](http://www.saic.com/).
Keywords: SAIC, Roanoke , IT System Engineer Senior, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!