Company: Wellbe Senior Medical
Posted on: September 25, 2022
*About Us: *
*Come reimagine care with us!* *We're on a mission to change the
way medical care is delivered around the country.*
By supplying home-based medical care to patients who need it most,
WellBe is changing lives by providing care wherever our patients
call home. WellBe's primary care services are delivered by a team
of licensed clinicians in the comfort of the patient's home. By
combining the strength of physicians, nurse practitioners, social
workers, paramedics, and other healthcare professionals, WellBe
delivers an extra level of support to the patients we serve in
This high-risk population is typically underserved and challenged
with access to care which we provide. To address these problems, we
have elected to bring the care to the patient, instead of trying to
bring the patient to the care. WellBe's clinician-led geriatric
care teams provide concierge-level medical care and social support
in the home as well as delivering and coordinating across the
entire care continuum - from chronic care and urgent care in the
home to hospital to skilled nursing facility to assisted living to
palliative care, to end-of-life care.
Joining WellBe means joining a growing, purpose-driven organization
to deliver the highest quality care to our senior communities and
to make an impact on lives every day.
*WellBe's Culture is Welcoming*
* Be part of something important:
* Be part of pioneering a new way of healthcare that is
revolutionizing the industry.
* A patient-focused environment that ensures patients can live a
fulfilling life whatever their health level is. Our focus is to
give our patients more good days.
* Give yourself incredible opportunities:
* Growth and development opportunities across expanding markets in
the company and celebrate success on a global scale.
* Training in the WellBe model and team-based care. Full in-person
orientation, vision, mission, and values introduction, and
instilling cultural ideals. Respect and trust for how you work and
how you make a difference.
* Work as part of a collaborative team with a strong team
* You own your role, contribute to the team, and feel the enormous
impact on lives.
* Leadership that listens, trusts, empowers, and supports.
* Empowerment and ownership for solving problems that arise and
doing the right thing in each interaction.
* Pioneering a new way of healthcare that is revolutionizing the
*What we offer:*
* Full-time permanent, work seeing patients in their home,
traveling around to other home locations. Work during the daytime,
flexible schedule, and on-call rotation.Rich and competitive total
rewards package including health benefits, dental, vision, life
insurance, dependent care reimbursement, STD/LTD, 401k match with
immediate vesting, paid time off / floating holidays,
commuter/transportation (mileage) reimbursement, and educational
* The opportunity to work with a progressive company, who is making
a difference each day with every patient.
*About the Position:*
Our Nurse Practitioners are critical to our team that provides
compassionate care to the frailest elderly who have chronic and
acute illnesses or injuries living in their homes. They deliver
primary, urgent and acute medical care to a wide variety of
patients. The Nurse Practitioner will be accountable for caring for
patients, maintaining accurate and current patient records, and
scheduling initial, urgent, and follow-up appointments to patients
as required. The successful candidate will work as a team with our
physicians, social workers, paramedics, and care team coordinators
to assist in delivering concierge care to every patient. We offer a
positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel work
together for the good of the patient.
*WellBe - Nurse Practitioner - What to Expect:*
* Practices the WellBe mission: To help our patients lead
healthier, meaningful lives by delivering the most Complete
* Partners with other clinicians in the "Care Community managing
the health and wellbeing of patients living in their homes.
* Responsible engaging attributed patient into WellBe program
* Provides primary care to patients in the home
* Facilitates staff, patient, and family decision making by
providing educational resources.
* Performs initial patient screenings/physical examinations creates
* Addresses urgent care needs of the patients as needed
* Collaborates with community team to complete care assessment
* Orders, interprets, and analyzes diagnostic tests and determine
the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment
* Prescribes and manage medications and treatments as appropriate,
including but not limited to psychopharmacological agents
* Updates patient records and check records for accuracy at each
* Delivers quality care while maintaining all company metrics
pertaining to appropriate documentation/coding, HEDIS measures,
engagement of patients, and managing medical expense.
* Serves as a resource for patients in delivering ongoing care
information, counseling and guidance for any patients with critical
* Refer to internal/external resources as appropriate such as
WellBe behavioral health protocols
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and participate in
regularly scheduled team meetings
* Maintain required licensure and certification
* Deliver palliative care, and when needed, end of life care to
patients and families
* Facilitates family meetings with WellBe community team, to help
with complicated family dynamics and goals of care
* Other tasks needed to accomplish team's objectives/goals
Educational/ Experience Requirements:
* Minimum Master's Degree in Nursing
* Valid nurse practitioner or physician assistant license in state
of operations & current board certification in your field
* 5+ years of progressive care required
* BLS and ACLS certified and an NPI# as an NP
* Have a valid driver's license, car insurance, have access to a
car and willingness to drive to patient homes/patient location, as
well as an active auto insurance policy
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Role model in courageous teamwork, integrity, ethics, and
* Expert in diagnosis and treatment of chronic and urgent
medical/psychological conditions of older adults
* Experience in end-of-life, geriatrics, internal medicine,
* Expert in palliative care, and end of life communication
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal
* Confident speaker to internal and external groups
* Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Home care experience preferred
* Ability to connect immediately with patients and families to
contribute to difficult cases
* Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
Travel requirements: Travel may be required up to 100% locally.
Ability to lift up to 20lbs. Moving lifting or transferring of
patients may involve lifting of up to 50lbs as well as assist with
weights of more than 100lbs. Ability to stand for extended
Ability to drive to patient locations (ie. home, hospital, SNF,
etc). Fine motor skills/visual acuity
*WellBe Senior Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity, inclusion, and equity and encourage all interested
readers to apply at wellbeseniormedical.com/careers.*
*The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope
regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position
classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change, or rescind the work assignments of this position.
Management also reserves the right to make reasonable
accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the
essential functions of this role.*
Keywords: Wellbe Senior Medical, Roanoke , Nurse Practitioner, Other , Beckley, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!