Tissue Recovery Specialist - Part-Time Variable
Company: LifeNet Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Tissue Recovery Specialist, PTV
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Department: Tissue Recovery-VA
Job Type: Part Time Variable
Shift: 8:15 am -5:00 pm M - F for office hours (dependent on the
call schedule) 7:00 am - 7:00 am 24 hour on-call schedule.
Holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
We are on a mission to Save Lives, Restore Health, and Give Hope.
Do you have the passion that drives our mission?
LifeNet Health is the largest nonprofit organ procurement
organization and tissue bank in the United States; as well as a
leader in the field of bio-implants and regenerative medicine.
We're looking for dedicated team members who value safety, quality,
innovation, and service to support our goal in improving the
quality of human life through organ and tissue donation.
How You Will Contribute To LifeNet Health's Success
As a Tissue Recovery Specialist, you will be performing all
assigned tasks related to successful completion of tissue recovery
operations. Recovers human tissues for transplant and research
following established LifeNet Health and client policies and
procedures. Assists in organizing recovery teams and may perform
the role of trainer and/or preceptor for new tissue recovery
employees. Actively participates in a rotational on-call schedule
to adequately cover needs of the recovery site operations.
Maintains a professional appearance and attitude at all times while
representing LifeNet Health.
What You'll Do
- Recovers basic and advanced tissues for transplant and research
following LifeNet Health and client Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs), including appropriate donor reconstruction.
- Performs a thorough physical examination of the potential
tissue donor and review of medical records. Ensures concurrent,
accurate and thorough completion of assigned LifeNet Health donor
chart documentation and quality reviews.
- Assists in the onboarding and training of new tissue recovery
staff members as a trainer and/or preceptor to maximize the
donation opportunity and ensure compliance with departmental
procedures and industry standards/regulations.
- Performs administrative office duties such as ordering,
stocking to ensure continuity of recovery operations; seeks,
evaluates and makes recommendations for improvement and cost
- Responsibly and accurately reviews tissue donor
disclosure/authorization documents and confers with team members
pertaining to its verification.
- Organizes teams and prepares supplies for case activity.
- Transports or arranges for transport of recovered tissues,
blood samples and/or cultures to LifeNet Health or other client
What You'll Bring (Minimum Requirements)
- High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree or successful
completion of a heathcare technical or profession program preferred
(Allied Health, EMT, Nursing, Hospital Corpsman)
- Valid State Driver's License
- Two (2) years work experience, Previous related experience
preferred (Tissue banking, medical device, or related
- Covid-19 vaccine required
These Would Be Nice Too (Knowledge Skills And Abilities)
- Ability to follow LifeNet Health and client procedures and
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish tasks, in
solving problems and executing improvement initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members, management,
other LifeNet Health staff and outside agencies involved in the
- Ability to motivate self in completing assigned tasks and
proactively seek out opportunities for self and organizational
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring
Health, and Giving Hope. You won't find another company with a
culture as strong as ours.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
Keywords: LifeNet Health, Roanoke , Tissue Recovery Specialist - Part-Time Variable, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!