Lab Assistant PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a Lab Assistant PRN? At LewisGale Medical Center,
you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in
programs to support our incredible team members over the course of
three years.BenefitsLewisGale Medical Center, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Lab Assistant PRN like you to be a
part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsAs a Lab Assistant,
you will support the lab team in a variety of functions including
phlebotomy and specimen processing. You will provide clinical
support as well as administrative support to all areas of the lab.
- You will receive and process specimen samples.
- Prepare samples for testing using various lab equipment.
- You will prepare and maintain lab records.
- Ensure cleanliness of all lab areas and lab equipment
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy training
- ASCP/ASPT Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Previous phlebotomy experience and specimen handling preferred
This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).LewisGale Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
services since 1909. We give patient's access to trained physicians
and advanced technology. Our500+ bed hospitalis one of the leading
acute care facilities in the Salem area. We specialize inheart and
vascular care-including the latest advanced technology available
through our designated Heart Center-as well asorthopedics and spine
care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer
At LewisGale Medical Center, our care like family culture extends
to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to
each other because when we join together, our patients are cared
for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Lab Assistant PRN opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Roanoke , Lab Assistant PRN, Other , Salem, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!